3rd Ashes test match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bopara is so frustrating, just as you think he has played himself in he gets out to a simple ball!

:081:

Great stuff today by England. Shame it's going to rain all day tomorrow.

said on the radio they are expecting it to clear by the evening but the forecast for monday is just as bad.

Great couple of sessions. Freddie and Broad batted brilliantly, and Freddie's dismissal was harsh in the extreme. If we get them 3 or 4 down tonight would be good, there are still loads of overs to go

Last edited:
Aus 88 for 2 at the close.

I predict a draw, but England still have a decent chance if they can get an early wicket.

Weather prospects for tomorrow don't look brilliant and the pitch wont take much more water. Draw seems most likely outcome, but you never know...

Good knock by Broad, wonder if he can see the opportunity to step into Freddies shoes as a proper all rounder.

Weather prospects for tomorrow don't look brilliant and the pitch wont take much more water. Draw seems most likely outcome, but you never know...

Forecast said it should be dry, but I expect there will be one or two showers. They have 98 overs to play though

Good knock by Broad, wonder if he can see the opportunity to step into Freddies shoes as a proper all rounder.

He'll need to start taking wickets and stop bowling so many poor balls then. I would probably bring Sidebottom or Harmison in for him next test, he doesn't even look like taking wickets I'm afraid. Swann can step up to number 8 competently enough.

He started as a batter; turned into a bowler; then turned into a bowling-all rounder......and if he doesn't improve his bowling will finish as a batting-all rounder.

I wouldn't be surprised if he finshed batting at 6 or 7 at international level but I suspect that he would be better off if he concentrates on bowling line and length rather than seeing himself as an international strike bowler.

He started as a batter; turned into a bowler; then turned into a bowling-all rounder......and if he doesn't improve his bowling will finish as a batting-all rounder.

I wouldn't be surprised if he finshed batting at 6 or 7 at international level but I suspect that he would be better off if he concentrates on bowling line and length rather than seeing himself as an international strike bowler.

He's just claimed Husseys wicket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670