3rd Indian test

Status
Not open for further replies.
draw :icon_eek:
what was all that about, we played for the draw,we needed to win.yes india would probably bowled us out if we went for it but it would have made for a more interesting game if we got into twenty20 mode :mad:

what was all that about, we played for the draw,we needed to win.yes india would probably bowled us out if we went for it but it would have made for a more interesting game if we got into twenty20 mode :mad:

Imo the chance had gone by lunch. England needed to have a great first session to have any chance. If they needed 200 odd with 8wkts in tact by tea they probaly would have had a go. Did o.k to finish with a draw in this test after India piled up that huge 1st innings score and overall England can count themselves slightly unlucky after the weather saved India at Lords.

Ridiculous decision by Dravid. Why not enforce the follow on then get the 100 or so runs we probably would've needed to win. Im appauled at his decision :mad:

It seemed negative but he must have had a word with his bowlers, and probaly thought he would give them a chance to refresh themselves before having a go at England again. At the end of the day the history books will show a 1-0 win for India, and their first series win in England for 20 odd years. It was a good result for India, and although disappointing not a disaster for England. Given more experience i reckon Tremlett will be better than Harmison, and we have a few decent bowlers like Broad waiting for their turn. I'm looking forward to the next Ashes series when we dont have to face McGrath, Warne and co. They'll probaly still stuff us but without such fantastic players i expect their domination will wither

There is no way we would have got near the total, if we started looking dangerous Dravid would have put all his fielders on the boundary and got Kumble an Tendulkar to bowl negatively. Also there are no restrictions on fielding, wides etc.

Admittedly it would have made the game more interesting but it was never going to happen.

Last edited:
india made me so proud, they played well, england just dont know where the problem was, Kumble is a true legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669