A Bored Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Which one of you ****s is it?

Eveytime I write a naughty word with a variable spelling you censor it. Everytime I put a picture on my own profile, MY OWN ****ING PROFILE with a naughty word on it you delete it. My profile is my profile, if you don't like what you see on there, don't come ****ing back!!!!!!!!

I can't even say "cnut" anymore with out it being blanked out.

Sad, Lonely Bastards.

Which one of you ****s is it?

Eveytime I write a naughty word with a variable spelling you censor it. Everytime I put a picture on my own profile, MY OWN ****ING PROFILE with a naughty word on it you delete it. My profile is my profile, if you don't like what you see on there, don't come ****ing back!!!!!!!!

I can't even say "cnut" anymore with out it being blanked out.

Sad, Lonely Bastards.

Your profile is a 'public' area of the site. It was decided a long time ago that naughty words were not allowed in public parts of the site, after I'd received complaints about the language, with kids viewing the site.

That's why Genreal Chat was made over 16s only, so people, so people could say what they want without having to worry.

You are well aware of the rules, so if you don't want stuff to be deleted you should stop behaving like a naughty teenager.

Maybe it's time to change, and make the whole site kid unfriendly - the last time this was suggested the majority were against it, but I'd welcome any feedback.

Your profile is a 'public' area of the site. It was decided a long time ago that naughty words were not allowed in public parts of the site, after I'd received complaints about the language, with kids viewing the site.

That's why Genreal Chat was made over 16s only, so people, so people could say what they want without having to worry.

You are well aware of the rules, so if you don't want stuff to be deleted you should stop behaving like a naughty teenager.

Maybe it's time to change, and make the whole site kid unfriendly - the last time this was suggested the majority were against it, but I'd welcome any feedback.
I think profiles should be made private to non members and restricted to the adult area of the site. A random has no right to see my profile, let alone complain about it.

I proudly won "**** of the Year" and should be allowed to display my title without some ****ing weirdo crying to Teacher.

I admit that I'm well aware that using swear words in the City forum is not allowed, but when we've had to put up this season's shit, and have to spend so long talking to morons about it, I feel swearing should be mildly tolerated.

Maybe I'm just reacting to my apparent victimisation from certain mods. Maybe it's over reacting, but so what? I'm getting paranoid because I feel them following me around, I get even more paranoid when other members see it happening also.

If by that you mean that the whole site would have no rules about what could be said, I think there would be a lot of people who would find it objectionable, not only those who have regard to the possibility that kids might see it. It's perfectly possible to have an adult conversation without resorting to the worst excesses of the English language.

I'm not a kid, but I don't like the bad language, and find it totally unnecessary.
This whole forum is unnecessary. If you only want what's "necessary" in life, then I suggest you go live in a cave with an apple and a glass of water.

If by that you mean that the whole site would have no rules about what could be said, I think there would be a lot of people who would find it objectionable, not only those who have regard to the possibility that kids might see it. It's perfectly possible to have an adult conversation without resorting to the worst excesses of the English language.
Likewise, I agree 100%.

Maybe I'm just reacting to my apparent victimisation from certain mods.

It should make you happy then that mods can not edit profiles (other than their own).

This whole forum is unnecessary. If you only want what's "necessary" in life, then I suggest you go live in a cave with an apple and a glass of water.

I disagree. The forum is good fun to read, contains some good banter and, from time to time, some laugh out loud wit. Over the years I've had to learn that some people just can't get by without using an expletive in every second sentence, so I live with it. To me though it's bankrupt language, serves no purpose, and is just a bad habit. I filter it out though, and enjoy the posts regardless!

I disagree. The forum is good fun to read, contains some good banter and, from time to time, some laugh out loud wit. Over the years I've had to learn that some people just can't get by without using an expletive in every second sentence, so I live with it. To me though it's bankrupt language, serves no purpose, and is just a bad habit. I filter it out though, and enjoy the posts regardless!
Largely agree, but I find swearing to be more descriptive than offensive.

If I tell somebody that I'm "****ing cold", it generally creates a stronger feeling than that of just being "cold" (eg)

I treat Talking Balls like a football match and a pub. OK, so swearing isn't necessary, but you're gonna hear it, and as you pointed out, you deal with it.

I wouldn't however go into a childs environment and use that type of language there. It's a case of knowing your surroundings.

Maybe I've got it wrong, maybe I've misunderstood the sterotypical football fan.

You've been "removed" from the Top Posters stats again. Coincidence :102: :icon_lol:

The last time it was because I created a new user group for people who don't want to see the prediction league forum, and it wasn't counting people in this group.

This time it happened when I created a new user group for people who aren't allowed to change their profile picture.

I have now added the new user group to the top posters stats.

This time it happened when I created a new user group for people who aren't allowed to change their profile picture.
Are you seriously, 100% seriously telling me I'm not allowed to put a picture in my profile anymore?

I've just had a play and the option's gone.

Not if you're going to keep using pictures that break the forum rules.

I did it before I deleted your most recent offensive profile picture, as I thought you'd just upload it again like you usually do.
It kept disappearing, I thought I was doing something wrong FFS, so I kept putting it back.

I thought you were a good communicator, a simple pm would have explained that it was you removing it and you would prefer me not to upload it again.

Well soon there will be no need for me to be proud of my "**** of the Year" title that I was displaying, I'm guessing there are far more deserving candidates.

It kept disappearing, I thought I was doing something wrong FFS, so I kept putting it back.

I thought you were a good communicator, a simple pm would have explained that it was you removing it and you would prefer me not to upload it again.

Well soon there will be no need for me to be proud of my "**** of the Year" title that I was displaying, I'm guessing there are far more deserving candidates.

I like your counter punches but Webbie has you in the clinches. :icon_lol: :icon_bigg:icon_wink

You weren't displaying a '**** of the year' title. You had a picture that said "**** off".

Some time ago you were told to remove an offensive picture from your profile, but the fact that you kept putting others up made me realise there's no point telling you, you don't learn from your mistakes. So it's easier just to stop you doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669