A busy day for Administrators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Today is the last day that Football League clubs can go into administration and be sure that their 10-point deduction will be made from this season's total. From tomorrow, if the loss of points will have no bearing on promotion or relegation issues the football league can order that the penalty should apply next season and not this.

Sky seem to think that one or two clubs may be making announcements later today, whilst various commentators think that there is a Premier League team in real trouble too.

Last edited:
Re: A busy day for Administrators

Today is the last day that Football League clubs can go into administration and be sure that their 10-point deduction will be made from this season's total. From tomorrow, if the loss of points will have no bearing on promotion or relegation issues the football league can order that the penalty should apply next season and not this.

Sky seem to think that one or two clubs may be making announcements later today, whilst various commentators think that there is a Premier League team in real trouble too.

West Ham ?

Portsmouth I bet

Re: A busy day for Administrators

Cheltenham bound to go. Gave up yesterday when putting 5 of their better players on loan for the rest of the season.

Cheltenham applied to borrow £100,000 from their local council earlier in the week. This should apparently see them past their immediate problems.

Stockport County are talking to HMRC today. The outcome of the discussions may force their hand.

Chester maybe too. Mark Wright's recently said he'd stay regardless of the money situation.

I think they are currently in the process of a takeover.

I would imagine that Accrington Stanley will be in deep trouble especially as their main club and stadium sponsor has gone into administration.

Ooo, didnt realise this. If Pompey go that would really feck up the relegation race

Probably right about Pompey.

I read somewhere that Steve Gibson was having problems at Boro and was resigned to the fact that they will be a Championship club next year. They are also hugely in debt.

Wouldnt surprise me. Southgate was a ridiculous appointment in the first place though. Why a Premiership club hires someone with absolutely no experience is beyond me. He shoulve learnt in the lower leagues first

Maybe if you are right, it was similar to Portsmouth hiring Adams though, i.e. they couldnt afford to bring in someone new, so they just promoted someone from inside the club.

Last edited:
Newcastle?

I think they are currently in the process of a takeover.

I would imagine that Accrington Stanley will be in deep trouble especially as their main club and stadium sponsor has gone into administration.

I was offered the chance to run the pub next to their ground,its called The Crown.I went in there after a match one Saturday night about 7pm ......and decided not fecking likely would be the response I would give to the person who asked me,rough as a bears arse it is

I was offered the chance to run the pub next to their ground,its called The Crown.I went in there after a match one Saturday night about 7pm ......and decided not fecking likely would be the response I would give to the person who asked me,rough as a bears arse it is

Was it worse than Dirty Dicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670