A new record....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamworth Fox

Sachin Tendulkar highest amount of Test runs scored :038:

51.1 Siddle to Tendulkar, 3 runs, That's the record! He lunges forward to a full delivery outside off and deftly glides it down to third man, he pumps his fists as he completes the second run, he's now the highest run-scorer in Tests beating Lara's tally of 11,953, fireworks go up in the stadium, he gets a rousing standing ovation from the crowd and his team-mates, there's a brief hold up in play as the fireworks seem to last forever! All the Australians rush to congratulate him. The Australians are taking a breather, normal service has been disrupted, that's for sure

Well done Sachin :038:

Indian cricket God.... The and Only... "Sachin Tendulkar".

:038::038::038::038::038:

A very proud day for India as we take our Cricket very serious!!!

Indian cricket God.... The and Only... "Sachin Tendulkar".

:038::038::038::038::038:

A very proud day for India as we take our Cricket very serious!!!

:018: :018: :018:

The fact that he is Indian is not important. The fact that he is one of the top five batsmen to have ever played the game is. :icon_wink

To people in India he a god along the likes to Amitabh Bachchan, they are treated very speical and the media long him, not like in England where the media love you one day and then next day they hate you.

These people can never do anything wrong according to the Media.

Agreed he is one of the best in the world...if not the best

Last edited:
I wonder if that now he has the record, he will retire with at least some dignity left in tact. Its always embarrasing to see formerly great players chase records.

I wonder if that now he has the record, he will retire with at least some dignity left in tact. Its always embarrasing to see formerly great players chase records.

He still is a world class player; did you not watch any cricket last year? Also this year: a 49 & 88 runs scored in his last two innings against the number one side in the world isn't, "great," :icon_roll

I'm aware of his stats

No hundreds and one fifty in three innings at home, against the likes of Peter Siddle and Cameron White, well played.

He should join Ganguly and Kumble on his way out at the end of the series.

Last edited:
I'm aware of his stats

No hundreds and one fifty in three innings at home, against the likes of Peter Siddle and Cameron White, well played.

He should join Ganguly and Kumble on his way out at the end of the series.

He put in a match saving 49 in the previous test, today he was slightly unlucky he scored 88 runs and looked in good knick. Tendulkar has probably been our best batter in this series so far, I don't think he will retire just yet.

Ganguly has just scored a 50, I do agree his position should be under threat on previous performances.

Yes Kumble is having a poor time at the moment, but Indians respect their elders, people who have given and worked for a side who earn the right to be a legend. We don't just give up on the legends and brush them off, media slams them and fickle fans boo them. We support and respect them until they wish to retire.

Its a shame the bloody politics in India are run the same way. An extreme for showing respect to Englands way of showing respect to those that serve them.

Tendulkar has probably been our best batter in this series so far, I don't think he will retire just yet.

I hope not. The game will be the poorer when he retires.

I don't see why there should be any pressure for him to retire as long as he is enjoying the game. He is 35 now and my bet is that a 38 year old Tendulkar would still be a quality player at any level - even though he might not be as prolific as his golden years.

I also noted that he took a really athletic catch today against Australia suggesting that he is still quite smart in the field.

Great victory for the Indians today its the icing on the cake after Sachins record :038:

I still firmly believe Ricky Ponting will over-take Sachin.

Great victory for the Indians today its the icing on the cake after Sachins record :038:

Must be favourite to do that - but remember Ponting himself is 33 and I just wonder how long he will want to contine in an obviously declining Aussie team. It doesn't matter how good a side has been - nothing stays the same and you can't instantly replace world class players.

Great to see the Aussies attack so ineffective :038:

Only the second test they've lost since 2005, hope your boys can take this series 2-0 or 3-0!

India 441 & 0/0 (1.0 ov)
Australia 355

2 days left, the Aussies could still avoid their first series defeat since 2005 but India would need to throw it away.

Tall order but they have been given an outside chance after India were bowled out.
Need about 360 to win on the last day.

This series has made me hate the Australian cricket team even more then what I had:

* Shane Watson provoking a reaction from Gambhir
* Ponting and White tampering the ball
* The fued between Lee & Khan

I'm delighted Australia are about to lose this match, they have again embarrased themselves and their country by their attitude.

India win 2nd test by 173 runs.

Is this the start of a new bowling attack? We haven't been capable of getting 20 wickets for some time, these lads have shown they are against the best Test Cricket side in the world?!

Upsetting to see Kumble & Ganguly retire. Dravid will probably be next after the English test matches.

Thanks to Kumble our highest wicket taker :038:

Ganguly are greatest captain of all time :038:

Fantastic effort and great win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573