A Sign Of Things To Come?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this their way of preparing us for a few changes? Are we about to start selling off the family silver?

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/t...-Lee-Hoos/article-2271757-detail/article.html

None of us want us to head down the road we had ten years ago where we were well beyond our means. Selling 1 or 2 players a season whilst playing at this level may be the only way we can bring players in to freshen the side up.

I don't want to see the likes of Hobbs, King and fryatt leave though if we get a £2-3 million offer for one of them i think they will be gone.

If the news about Tunchev being fit is true i wouldn't be suprised if hobbs got sold.

Last edited:
Sensible if you ask me

Absolutely. The days of benevolent owners are coming to an end I reckon. At the end of the day, the outgoings of the club have to bear some relation to what's coming in. If ther good people of Leicester don't want to support their club in numbers, then the level the club can aspire to must recognise that. Anyway, off to The Oval now to get burnt as a lobster and drunk as a skunk.

Sounds like the training ground could be top of the hit list, mind you, this has been on the cards for a while.

Sounds like the training ground could be top of the hit list, mind you, this has been on the cards for a while.

I think it will have to be cos as it stands any sales of our core players is going to undermine Pearson and reasoning for departure.

Personally if Loughborough University are offering a good deal on a reasonable rental, I can't see the issue of selling Belvoir Drive.

Strange article. There's a number of things I don't understand. I suppose there isn't any up-to-date financial statements as they've just released the 08-09 season's. I don't understand why the ground is so expensive to run. We haven't got £26million pounds worth of players, and selling one of those big names, say Hobbs, when the maximum we could get for him would be 2-3 million, would do more damage than good. If the club need a windfall to escape relying so heavily on Milan Mandaric then surely promotion/new owner is the only option, and selling the players who make us likely to achieve that would be counter-productive.

It worries me that the club are producing such press statements as this. Definately sounds like we're being prepared for something, or maybe it's just to ensure that we don't expect any money to be spent this summer. Which is also concerning, no replacements, loan or permanent, for Spearing and Waghorn and I'd say our chances of challenging for promotion are significantly less that they were this season.

Also, anybody else worried that we haven't announced any pre-season friendlies yet? Everybody else seems to be doing so.

Think I'm just enjoying worrying at the minute!

Last edited:
not sure of what to make of it other than milan is not keen to keep pumping money in.

our losses next year should be reduced with a lower wage bill and with playoff income.

I remember when the old chelsea chief exec made a similiar statement about chelsea becoming self sufficient, and roman still subsidises that club so it may mean nothing other than to just remind us fans that milan is our saviour (PR).

I agree in regards to the training ground and squad, pearson is the best manager we have had for many years, and this squad has promise, also the upcoming season will be one of the weakest for a while with weak clubs been relegated and many clubs with tight finances. So I feel its worth us trying to top up the squad for a push next season rather than selling core players. So to me what makes sense is sell the training ground to offset next season's losses and give pearson the backing for another promotion push. Obviously with loan players and cheap buys so we still spend within reason.

How much is the training ground worth?

I suspect that, whilst we need to spend sensibly, we are also trying to prevent transfer fees being inflated; which they would be, were we to appear to be a money bags club.

I doubt there's any chance of that, we haven't got a pot to piss into

You pays your money, you make your choice: today's Mercury seems to imply the opposite(http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/S...success/article-2273555-detail/article.html); namely, that Pearson will ask Milan to put his hand in his pocket.

I suspect that, whilst we need to spend sensibly, we are also trying to prevent transfer fees being inflated; which they would be, were we to appear to be a money bags club.

Pearson haggling (justifiably) for a bigger commitment for a better transfer/wages budget seems certainly one of the reasons why a new contract was not signed months ago. It could cause a big bust up if Hoos/MM tell NP there is little or no money now. My guess is that the financial drawbridge is going to be pulled up far more than any of us, or Pearson, expected.

My perception is that MM has liquidity problems. Whilst we can all understand a businessman wanting to be shot of a loss making enterprise, MM took the club on board knowing it was in a sense a loss leader and that it would make money when it gains promotion. PLus it would give what most millionaire chairmen crave - publicity and a stoking of their ever burning egos. Wanting to sell now means he will get a lower price, and so I think one can canclude without being accused of a wild guess, that he is desperate to sell.

Moreover with the very real concerns over his Inland Revenue case that he must have (and of course we assume innocent until proven guilty) he may not have time/money or energy to want to put into the club anymore right now - and of course this could get considerably worse, depending on the verdict.

Of course the current situation is unsustainable.

Milan is a wealthy bloke but not in the mega rich category of some modern day owners and of course he's going to want to stop plugging the deficit from his own pocket- and of course he will sell up if he gets half the chance of a credible offer. Not that that is a probability in the present circumstances.

Missing out on the chance of promotion this season is a massive blow - even if we had no right to expect to achieve that objective. Although as it happens a half-decent performance at home to Cardiff and we would probably have made it.

I can see only two possible scenarios. Scenario one - Milan gives it one more shot next season and puts in a bit more money to try and hit the jackpot; scenario two - he cuts back by selling assets and tries to balance the books.

Of course the current situation is unsustainable.

Milan is a wealthy bloke but not in the mega rich category of some modern day owners and of course he's going to want to stop plugging the deficit from his own pocket- and of course he will sell up if he gets half the chance of a credible offer. Not that that is a probability in the present circumstances.

Missing out on the chance of promotion this season is a massive blow - even if we had no right to expect to achieve that objective. Although as it happens a half-decent performance at home to Cardiff and we would probably have made it.

I can see only two possible scenarios. Scenario one - Milan gives it one more shot next season and puts in a bit more money to try and hit the jackpot; scenario two - he cuts back by selling assets and tries to balance the books.

Thats pretty much how I see it. With the hope that the prospect of book balancing doesn't look too appealing as it will affect our chances of promotion and therefore the prospect of MM being able to sell the club and get all his money back plus profit.

it would help if we valued the players we sell properly.

leeds fans know they got gradel at a bargian price, and with blackpool now promoted we should be asking for a multi million pound deal on DJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669