Speculation Abe leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much of a luxary player and never been that impressed whenever I've seen him though from what I've heard, he had put in some good performaces for us. Not consistant enough though but I'd say that was more down to the fact the the Championship didn't suit his style of play.

Wish him all the best in back in Japan though!

Good luck to the lad. Nothing dislikable at him, he just wasn't quite cut out for life in the Championship. Not really seen a player who divides opinion so much, although I still could never make my mind up about him. He won't be missed too much, and in Drinkwater we have somebody proven at this level to replace him instantly.

... and in Drinkwater we have somebody proven at this level to replace him instantly.

Gosh, I'm getting excited about Drinkwater: elsewhere, he was described as a combination of Mark Davies and Tom Cleverley; now he's Yuki too! A real one man midfield (which is probably just as well!) :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Being under-used does not detract from, in my opinion, Yuki being a much better player than Wellens. However, if Pearson is trying to 're-balance' the squad, which I take to be a euphemism for 'get rid of as many players as possible on stupid money, regardless of ability, so that the average ability players left will not be grumpy, because they are playing alongside players on £30,000 a week more than them, then I can see the logic to restore some sort of harmony in the dressing room. ... and breathe!

What I can never understand is if it is so obvious that these players are better how come they don't get a game? Do the people on here really believe they know better than football professionals who see these players everyday in training?

Because he wants to go back to Japan?

I kind of shot myself in the foot there, I know we got rid because he wanted to go back, but I can't help but think if he was that good somebody else would have been in for him.

Who? The only 2 you can possibly mean were Gradel and DJ. Both said they wanted to leave and Gradel was average at best here. If it hadn't been for the MK Dons goal nobody would have minded.
Gradel was good for us in League 1 but was never given a chance in the championship. Pearson is arguably at fault for not spotting his potential.And wasn't it also mentioned Everton were supposedly in for Yuki ?

Gradel was good for us in League 1 but was never given a chance in the championship. Pearson is arguably at fault for not spotting his potential.And wasn't it also mentioned Everton were supposedly in for Yuki ?

Only by Stringer, who I trust as much as a wet fart.

gradel forced the club's hand by handing in a transfer request as i recall. he wanted to play every week, and we couldn't offer him that at the time. i think everyone recognised his potential, and it's annoying we let him go when he'd be perfect for us now, but not sure you can really blame 100% pearson even if he could have worked harder to keep him.

dj is a weapons-grade bell*nd.

Last edited:
gradel forced the club's hand by handing in a transfer request as i recall. he wanted to play every week, and we couldn't offer him that at the time. i think everyone recognised his potential, and it's annoying we let him go when he'd be perfect for us now, but not sure you can really blame 100% pearson even if he could have worked harder to keep himdj is a weapons-grade bell*nd.
Pearson signed N'guessan though to take his place so it shows how much he rated Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669