ADVERT: Half Price Sky TV, with Sky Sports, Movies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I rarely post ads on here, but I think this is a good deal for those people who want Sky but think it's normally too expensive...

Sky have a half price offer available online today only - this ends at midnight.

Sky+ is £10.75 a month for 12 months, instead of £21 a month.

Add-ons are half price for 12 months too:

Sky Sports is £10.50 (normally £21)
Sky Movies is £8 (normally £16)
Entertainment Extra is £2.50 (normally £5)

You also get a free £25 M&S voucher and free Sky Plus box.

I rarely post ads on here, but I think this is a good deal for those people who want Sky but think it's normally too expensive...

Sky have a half price offer available online today only - this ends at midnight.

Sky+ is £10.75 a month for 12 months, instead of £21 a month.

Add-ons are half price for 12 months too:

Sky Sports is £10.50 (normally £21)
Sky Movies is £8 (normally £16)
Entertainment Extra is £2.50 (normally £5)

You also get a free £25 M&S voucher and free Sky Plus box.

Line rental 14.99 on top of this per month?

This is for Sky TV, not for phone/broadband.

Just got excited but turns out you have to have a connected land line to get the box activated, we don't have one unfortunately.

If it's just the sports you are bothered about and can handle watching on a phone or tablet, then you can get this app for £5 p/m and watch it all through that.

Not used it myself as it isn't available on my phone or tablet yet but a colleague told me about it today and seems pretty good value imo and I would assume it is available on iOS as well.

If it's just the sports you are bothered about and can handle watching on a phone or tablet, then you can get this app for £5 p/m and watch it all through that.

Not used it myself as it isn't available on my phone or tablet yet but a colleague told me about it today and seems pretty good value imo and I would assume it is available on iOS as well.

That's pretty good!

There is an iPhone version. Not sure if it would work with Apple TV though? Assuming you don't get Sky Go with that?

I'm quite tempted, but technically my iPad is work's.... wouldn't want to watch them all on my phone (but would be useful for if I'm out!).

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you can download apps direct to an Apple TV but I know you can't use AirPlay from a phone or tab to stream to the TV. On Android, any device that has HDMI out has that disabled in app so you can't use this to watch on a TV.

I still think it's a good deal though unavailable for the latest version of Android otherwise I'd at least give it a whirl as it's not a fixed contract and you can have it for just a month as far as I am aware.

Not really worth it for people with SkyGo as they'll already have access to it but for Virgin TV subscribers in need of sports on the go or anyone who doesn't already subscribe to sky sports at home, seems a very good way to get it.

I'm not sure if you can download apps direct to an Apple TV but I know you can't use AirPlay from a phone or tab to stream to the TV. On Android, any device that has HDMI out has that disabled in app so you can't use this to watch on a TV.

I still think it's a good deal though unavailable for the latest version of Android otherwise I'd at least give it a whirl as it's not a fixed contract and you can have it for just a month as far as I am aware.

Not really worth it for people with SkyGo as they'll already have access to it but for Virgin TV subscribers in need of sports on the go or anyone who doesn't already subscribe to sky sports at home, seems a very good way to get it.

Yeah, I decided to give it a whirl and download it - as you say, could just cancel it after a month. Bonus with ESPN on it too.

Even if I just watch 1/2 games a month on it, seems decent value.

Might try and find some kind of cable that will let me connect it to the TV, but from you're saying it might not work.

Turns out it's just for iPhone, not for iPad. D'oh. Can still install it though, and the picture is good enough when you zoom.

Ah that's a shame they don't have a higher resolution option for tablets. How would you say the quality compares to that when streaming dodgy links etc? Guessing it is still a lot better.

Shame the Man Utd game is on ITV tonight otherwise this could have come in handy if/when things get a bit dull at the KP later.

There's an ITV app.

Yeah I know but as I am finding out, having the latest version of Android straight away certainly has its downfalls.

Should be able to get it through dodgy stream and a flash workaround but it's bit of a ball ache and reception is never the best down there.

Hopefully our match will be entertaining enough so I don't have to result to such tactics, or they just have it on the TVs in the concourses!

Yeah it's the major downfall of Android being on so many devices compared to Apple's simplistic approach.

Just remembered the good old TV Catchup app so should be able to get it through that.

:icon_lol:

Ah I knew I was missing a trick somewhere!

You should get a 4g phone. They're so fast you can watch a whole match in 5 minutes.

I've got a 5g phone and I'll be watching the 2015 CL final tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566