All New Football Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard, if given the right kind of service ie two wingers who know how to deliver quality crosses, will score bagfuls of goals at championship level, however one thing he isn't is a striker who possess any amount of pace and does lack mobility so it is little wonder he has looked poor in our side.

Yet another display of Holloways ineptitude that his major signing in the transfer window, a proven scorer at this level, and he manages to play the type of tactics that virtually nullifys Howard's strengths.

As for Hammond I still believe his pace, work rate and ability to unsettle defences would have made him a decent asset in League one, especially playing off somebody like Howard.

Yet another display of Holloways ineptitude that his major signing in the transfer window, a proven scorer at this level, and he manages to play the type of tactics that virtually nullifys Howard's strengths.

I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post but, I am not sure that the bit that I pulled out is fair. Holloway made it very clear that he wanted wingers: he brought the Hungarians in but, was unable to find wingers of sufficient quality within a 31 day window.

I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post but, I am not sure that the bit that I pulled out is fair. Holloway made it very clear that he wanted wingers: he brought the Hungarians in but, was unable to find wingers of sufficient quality within a 31 day window.

i think 31 days is plenty long enough tbh i think the stumbling block was that any player with an ounce of quality didnt want to come here :102:

Plus he had the remainder of the emergency loan window to sort the problem out.

Instead of taking Howard out the firing line and selecting players more suited to those tactics, he stubbornly continued to select Howard, much in the same way Levein did with MDV which led to Howard becoming the target of the boo boys.

His job is to identify players that can play within his chosen pattern / tactics and lets be fair he signed at least 4 out and out wingers plus tried Hendrie, Hayles and Hume in those positions. Did any of the wingers get a fair crack of the whip, Bori and Lackzo looked good then suddenly disappeared, Etuhu was given a couple of games then again disappeared, before Bell was given a chance. But the problem was he outlayed 1.5 million on a striker who thrives on quality service from wide positions and yet Ollie hadn't identified anybody of suitable quality that was obtainable so IMO he should have looked at other striker targets who would fit the bill of playing without recognised quality wingers. And then reshaped the squad in the summer.

Last edited:
Howard has been so dire, he has to go. You cannot give a player too many chances - we gave 2 extra seasons to Fryatt and what good did it do? None! I fear Howard would be the same. For one reason or another - some not always totally football related - some players just will not perform for you. It's best to let them have a fresh start elsewhere, for everyone's sakes.

Howard has been so dire, he has to go. You cannot give a player too many chances - we gave 2 extra seasons to Fryatt and what good did it do? None! I fear Howard would be the same. For one reason or another - some not always totally football related - some players just will not perform for you. It's best to let them have a fresh start elsewhere, for everyone's sakes.

and what if its more to do with how his being managed and told how to play or lack of service??

Elivs has scored more than him :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

elvis 8 in 58
howard 6 in 20 on that ratio howard would've scored 17 in 58 which is still poor get rid of them both!

Though you do not lie he has scored more than him for leicester.

Last edited:
elvis 8 in 58
howard 6 in 20 on that ratio howard would've scored 17 in 58 which is still poor get rid of them both!

Since when has 1 in 3 been poor? I'd take someone who could scored us around 15 goals in a season!

Last edited:
over what length of time though

elvis 8 in 58

What ? Hammond has scored something like ten goals in his carreer:102:

I never said on the pitch now did i :081::081::081::081:

Who does? Elvis? I bloody knew it!!!

:icon_lol::038::icon_lol::038::icon_lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690