Am I on a different planet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattmeister

Went to watch my local team today. Nothing unsual there as I've been seeing them for over 30 years

Thought they played well; good passing & movement, created loads of chances, but not a great deal of luck in front goal.

Then on the way I tune in to Radio Leicester and discovered that all the TXTrs and the one live caller had been to a completely different game. Apparently, the team they saw was atrocious, diabolical and dead-certs for relegation.

I think half-wit in front of me summed up the myopic view of certain "supporters" when he labelled this team a disgrace for not having enough shots on goal.

Please, Please, Please can we get behind this team instead of jamming the local radio station and messageboards with complete and utter negative garbage!

Welcome Matt.:038: :038: :)

Kinda agree with you there, we do have spells where we do look like the best team in this league. the problem is these spells dont last long enough and then someone makes a silly mistake or a 'school boy error' and we end up drawing or losing. TBH its probably down to consistancy. Something LCFC has lacked for a number of years IMO.

Hiya Mattmeister, great 1st post.

I had the very same thoughts when I listened to Radio Leicester on the way back. Unless we are winning and near to the top of the premiership with the Champions League in sight all these low life crawl out from under the sofas and ring in. I will bet most of them did not go to the game or even been to a game.....they are just inbred tossers

Mattmeister said:
Thought they played well; good passing & movement, created loads of chances, but not a great deal of luck in front goal.

Unfortunately I don't think it's luck, I just think our strikers aren't natural goalscorers. But we are playing much better football now, I'd rather watch the current team than the one we had under Micky Adams.

Mattmeister said:
Then on the way I tune in to Radio Leicester and discovered that all the TXTrs and the one live caller had been to a completely different game. Apparently, the team they saw was atrocious, diabolical and dead-certs for relegation.

I heard that too. I sometimes wonder if RL screen the callers to make sure only the biggest moaners get on air.

I think half-wit in front of me summed up the myopic view of certain "supporters" when he labelled this team a disgrace for not having enough shots on goal.

Before today's game our team had the third most shots on goal in the Championship this season. After today's game we may well go to the top of that table.

If we had a good goalscorer we'd have won convincingly today, and we could probably have said the same thing at Stoke and Leeds.

People who thought we were bad today have obviously got very short memories.

the reason most people are pissed off is because of the opposition that gained a point at our ground, simple as

Welcome mattmeister :)) ) but that's bollox.
We scored the same as the team we were playing, I'm fed up with people blaming bad luck. We didn't finish well enough.
And whilst I will never boo a player in blue at the walkers, post game phone in's are a great medium for fans who pay alot of cash to our club. If they're not happy the boys at city should know.
We should have won today...

...and feck off scarby..

fitz said:
the reason most people are pissed off is because of the opposition that gained a point at our ground, simple as

& that opposition were about as good as about 11 overweight john smith's division u sunday league drunkies. we just made them look better than that at times.

As 4 momo...................:confused: :icon_roll :confused: :icon_roll :icon_eek:

webmaster said:
Before today's game our team had the third most shots on goal in the Championship this season. After today's game we may well go to the top of that table.

Fantastic news!

Surely this deserves some sort of recognition.

We could campaign for a special manager of the month's award for Craig based solely on the criteria of which club has the highest ratio of shots on goal in December to goals scored and at the very least press for a civic reception.

Back in the real world..... we managed a home draw with Crewe, and are going nowhere slowly.

Along with this award for the most shots on goal, we should get the award for the lowest conversion ratio.

Crewe converted 20% of their shots yesterday into goals we converted 3.5%. That is why our forwards are shite.

We conceded 20% of all Crewe's attempts on goals today, Crewe conceded 3.5% ours. That is why our defence is shite

I am fed up with all the bollox about "oh, but we played well, we really were the better team and we deserved to win". Fook that, we need wins, we need confidence, we need points and we need money.

The simple fact is, if you don't score more goals than your opposition then you DON'T deserve to win

What we don't need is the fookin idiots with their rose tinted spectacles on going home filled with pride because in their opinion "We were the better team, we had a goal disallowed, we had a man sent off, we hit the crossbar etc etc".

Pride gets you nowhere, maybe the management need to think about this

Melton Fox said:
Along with this award for the most shots on goal, we should get the award for the lowest conversion ratio.

Crewe converted 20% of their shots yesterday into goals we converted 3.5%. That is why our forwards are shite.

We conceded 20% of all Crewe's attempts on goals today, Crewe conceded 3.5% ours. That is why our defence is shite

I am fed up with all the bollox about "oh, but we played well, we really were the better team and we deserved to win". Fook that, we need wins, we need confidence, we need points and we need money.

The simple fact is, if you don't score more goals than your opposition then you DON'T deserve to win

What we don't need is the fookin idiots with their rose tinted spectacles on going home filled with pride because in their opinion "We were the better team, we had a goal disallowed, we had a man sent off, we hit the crossbar etc etc".

Pride gets you nowhere, maybe the management need to think about this

Great post Melton, spot on, we need results, there is no point in battering teams week in and week out to then continually be hit by a sucker punch, football is a results business and for a club, with the resources we have and the division we are in , we are under performing. What concerns me is that we have the "we are too good to go down" attitude, on our performances I agree but results prove that we are not and there is a chance that we could be dragged into a real dogfight soon, 1 point from the last 3 games is nowhere near good enough and you cannot be unlucky for 23 games !

It's got nothing to do with rose tinted spectacles.

Not so long ago we weren't creating any chances, and over reliant on the long ball. In contrast, now we are playing good football and creating lots chances.

O.K. we didn't beat Crewe - live with it.

IMO if we carry on playing the way we are at the moment we will only climb up the table, not sink without trace.

Would anyone prefer we play differently (occasional defensive lapses excepted)???

Mattmeister said:
IMO if we carry on playing the way we are at the moment we will only climb up the table, not sink without trace.

I have to question how that will happen without goals. but i don't just blame the strikers, we create few chances where you would 'expect' our strikers to score. there was only a couple of good saves from their keeper, the rest you would expect him to save. With hammonds pace we should play more through balls (although crew were quite deep) and its okay having smith going passed defenders, but if he crosses high you cant expect hume and hammond to win too many.

I Think sylla played quite well today, he ran more than i'm used to seeing, and he came inside, either himself or played the ball inside, crossing would have been wasted with our strikers.

While Gudjonsson is playing well he isn't creative enough for a killer ball.

Mattmeister said:
O.K. we didn't beat Crewe - live with it.
The above I can live with

But combine it with this:

Sheffield Utd
Ipswich
Crewe
Luton
Hull
Cardiff
Wolves
QPR
Brighton
Derby
Burnley
Preston
Southampton
Burnley
Watford
Leeds
Stoke
Crewe

Last edited:
I agree the football we are currently playing is very enjoyable to watch but the harsh truth is as with the long ball adopted earlier in the season, it is not bringing any sustained run of victories, we win 1 then lose a couple, pick up a point here and there, at the end of the day as Leicester supporters we want to see as successful a side as possible and for me that would be a team hovering around between 10th and 13th positions, which would be the improvement promised, at present we are hovering between 16th and 19th that is not an improvement. There is no point in playing like Brazil if it does not deliver results.

The promotion season under Adams was hardly champagne football but it was effective and I dont remember too many people complaining. Yes it is entertaining but the table does not lie, and I am sorry but we should be beating teams like Crewe. The problem is that these debates are a regular occurance and only goes to prove that we are too inconsistent and the team in terms of results have yet to deliver.

I agree with Mattmeister. People who phone into Radio Leicester are usually muppets anyway. It's generally only the moaners that get on.
Cannot blame the strikers yesterday, they did not miss any obvious clear cut chances for once! We didn't beat Crewe ok, so what would you have done then people that are moaning. Sack CL, that'd be sensible!

flashyfox said:
I agree with Mattmeister. People who phone into Radio Leicester are usually muppets anyway. It's generally only the moaners that get on.
Cannot blame the strikers yesterday, they did not miss any obvious clear cut chances for once! We didn't beat Crewe ok, so what would you have done then people that are moaning. Sack CL, that'd be sensible!

I am certainly not saying we should sack CL, but neither should people believe that all in the garden is rosy. We are in the bottom six of the championship just going into the xmas / new year period and the next few games will be crucial in moulding the second half of our season, but lets also be realistic whilst CL has had a big job in rebuilding the squad, he has as yet failed to deliver a team capable of WINNING many football matches, we have a right to be concerned, I dont believe we are in a position at present that is acceptable but neither do I believe Levein should be sacked. However were things to continue in terms of results over the coming weeks then I feel that the pressure will start to mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669