Andy King to Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think we should worry about this til close season. If we go up, I can't see him leaving. If we don't, it may be another matter.

If the price is right and we don't go up I can see him making a move, it'll be all about how well we replace him if he does go.

I should imagine a lot of premiership clubs have had scouts watching him, if they were not they would not be doing their job. Hardly a massive surprise. Not sure it warrants a few paragraphs in the rag that the Mail is these days.

If we don't go up, I wouldn't be suprised for most of our first team at the moment to move on. With most of the loan signings heading back to their respective clubs, and possibly players like King and Wellens being sold to Prem clubs, I think we'll have a new look team next year.

I still think that Sven will get players of a similar calibre to the current squad though.

Whilst Moyes has brought in players from the Championship in the past, I would be surprised if he went there. Everton's midfield is their strongest area, with the likes of Cahill, Arteta, Felliani etc, and I doubt it will be as big a priority for them to sign another midfielder when they badly need a striker (unless of course they sell some players first)

Whilst Moyes has brought in players from the Championship in the past, I would be surprised if he went there. Everton's midfield is their strongest area, with the likes of Cahill, Arteta, Felliani etc, and I doubt it will be as big a priority for them to sign another midfielder when they badly need a striker (unless of course they sell some players first)

A lot of Evertonians are pretty unhappy with Cahill and Arteta's lost his legs since injury. Pienaar's just gone as well. Also, they haven't got any money, so they'd be looking to cheap replacements. We wouldn't get 10+ mill from them.

As for the striker bit - Kingy's picked up a habit of scoring goals as well...

If we don't go up, and at the minute I hate to be a bearer of gloom but it doesn't look like the most likely outcome, we've gotta expect him to go I think.

It would be nothing short of a disaster if we didnt get £10mill.

If Lescott is worth £26mill King is worth £10mill (in potential alone)
Again as pointed out by Claridge 96, it is well known Everton haven't got a pot to piss in at the moment

Plus I don't think King is worth anywhere near £10million

Toffees have no money. King doesn't want to leave. We don't need to sell.

Complete non-event.

It would be nothing short of a disaster if we didnt get £10mill.

If Lescott is worth £26mill King is worth £10mill (in potential alone)

Lescott is a proven Prem player, King is not, his price will be greatly inflated for that reason alone. You are paying extra because it's not as much as a risk as buying a player from the Championship.

Toffees have no money. King doesn't want to leave. We don't need to sell.

Complete non-event.

This story may be cock - but King wants to play at the highest possible level, has the ability to succeed in the top flight and there will be clubs sniffing after him in the summer.

Players come and players go, get a decent fee for him and it will pay for a thorough strengthening of the team across the park.

I'll be amazed if he is still in the squad come August.

Lescott is a proven Prem player, King is not, his price will be greatly inflated for that reason alone. You are paying extra because it's not as much as a risk as buying a player from the Championship.

Lescott moved out of the Championship for £5m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670