Anthony Pilkington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7013319,00.html

Skysports.com understands Leicester have entered the race for Huddersfield winger Anthony Pilkington.

The 23-year-old is regarded as one of the best young talents in the Football League after impressing at Huddersfield during the last few seasons.

Pilkington looks set to quit Huddersfield after expressing his desire to leave the Galpharm Stadium.

Norwich are thought to be chasing the former Stockport man as they prepare for life in the Premier League, but Leicester are hoping to win the race for Pilkington's services.

Ambitious Leicester are in talks with Huddersfield as they look to thrash out a deal to bring Pilkington to the Walkers Stadium.

Foxes boss Sven Goran Eriksson is keen to build a side capable of winning promotion from the Championship next season and he sees Pilkington as a key addition to his squad.

If Eriksson is successful in his pursuit of Pilkington he could become the second Huddersfield player to join Leicester following the arrival of Lee Peltier earlier this summer.

Gerrim in.

I'm really happy and pleasantly surprised at the nature of our targets. Like others I was concerned about the likes of Sol Campbell, Michael Owen and other spent "name" players.

To see up and comers like Peltier, Mills, Kasper and others linked means we are trying to get value for money and long term solutions. Well happy me.

Last edited:
I'm really happy and pleasantly surprised at the nature of our targets. Like others I was concerned about the likes of Sol Campbell, Michael Owen and other spent "name" players.

To see up and comers like Peltier, Mills, Kasper and others linked means we are trying to get value for money and long term solutions. Well happy me.

I will be if this happens but i think we will be lucky if it does

He has handed in a transfer request and we have bid £1.7 million according to SSN. :icon_bigg

Bloody lovely

So is he an out and out winger or more of a playmaker like Gally?

My Huddersfield friends tell me he is likely to go to Norwich, who also have a bid accepted. Will be interesting to see if we have more pulling power than Deliah's boys. I hope he can see what Sven is trying to build here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669