Anyone cricketing this year?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When scoring yesterday for Anstey and Glenfield Seconds during play I took a look at some previous scorecards when I came across......

L.Weston caught b.15 yr old lad 1

:icon_lol: Indeed. Was a peach of a delivery however old he was. Only the very best batsmen get caught behind :)

:icon_lol: Indeed. Was a peach of a delivery however old he was. Only the very best batsmen get caught behind :)

He can swing the ball superbly. He's had more than enough victims this Summer. Saturday, a 14 year old got out Sharnford Seconds top two who had respectably off the opening bowlers scored 37 and 46. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

He can swing the ball superbly. He's had more than enough victims this Summer. Saturday, a 14 year old got out Sharnford Seconds top two who had respectably off the opening bowlers scored 37 and 46. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

He was a good bowler but not good enough to stop us beating you :icon_wink

He was a good bowler but not good enough to stop us beating you :icon_wink

Well I think the 2 Zimbabwean's (looking at their names) might have helped and the fact that two 15 year old's played no.10 and no.11 in bat and managed to stay in for 22 overs.

Saying that I might be wrong there, might be a different match I am thinking of.

Well I think the 2 Zimbabwean's (looking at their names) might have helped and the fact that two 15 year old's played no.10 and no.11 in bat and managed to stay in for 22 overs.

Saying that I might be wrong there, might be a different match I am thinking of.

No you are correct apart from the Zimbabweans, of which I have no idea what you are talking about.

The 2 young lads did well, oh how we laughed after 22 overs of defending when one got out 2 balls from the end :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

No you are correct apart from the Zimbabweans, of which I have no idea what you are talking about.

The 2 young lads did well, oh how we laughed after 22 overs of defending when one got out 2 balls from the end :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Well you had two chaps with extremely long names that were brothers and scored loads at no.11 and then were the two opening bowlers.

That error from the young lad has been used as winding-up tool the past week. It was an innings Geoffrey Boycott would have been proud of.

Well you had two chaps with extremely long names that were brothers and scored loads at no.11 and then were the two opening bowlers.

That error from the young lad has been used as winding-up tool the past week. It was an innings Geoffrey Boycott would have been proud of.

They are English and indeed from Broughton and in actual fact are father and son. I can't remember either of them scoring 'loads' ever let alone the other week. Very much bowlers, can barely hold a bat although Corey is improving!

They are English and indeed from Broughton and in actual fact are father and son. I can't remember either of them scoring 'loads' ever let alone the other week. Very much bowlers, can barely hold a bat although Corey is improving!

Well it was something on the lines of a quickfire

2 6 1 1 2

probably not loads but scored a few.

I thought they were Zimbabwean or the like judging from surname.

I am off to buy some whites sometime next week. The Pietersen of Seconds Cricket is here (or shall I say Mike Gatting).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669