Are we at war? EDL reckon we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motown Fox

EDL making the most of the horrific actions this afternoon of some lunatics.

R.I.P. to the poor guy who was murdered it's him and his family who are in my thoughts, not going out and getting revenge which EDL almost seem to be suggesting.
EnglishDefenceLeague ‏@Official_EDL 39m
ANY EDL MEMBERS TAKE TO THE STREETS IN YOUR LOCAL TOWN/CITY TAKE A STAND !!!!!

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/05/breaking-soldier-killed-in-woolwich-london/

EDL again
KEEP SHARING OUR PAGE WE HAVE NOW PASSED THE 50,000 MARK, ONCE AGAIN KEEP SHARING...NO SURRENDER

we are over fifty thousand likes! Please spread the word get as many people to like as possible then get active next few days, Please understand we are receiving hundreds of messages but we are going through them, lets build this Street army up! NS

Mosque attacked
No doubt the EDL will be rubbing their hands hearing this news as some idiot takes their words into action

It gets worse http://news.sky.com/story/1094514/woolwich-riot-police-contain-edl-supporters

Last edited:

Macky

Gruntled Member
War, it will be seen, is now a purely internal affair. In the past, the ruling groups of all countries, although they might recognize their common interest and therefore limit the destructiveness of war, did fight against one another, and the victor always plundered the vanquished. In our own day they are not fighting against one another at all. The war is waged by each ruling group against its own subjects, and the object of the war is not to make or prevent conquests of territory, but to keep the structure of society intact. The very word "war", therefore, has become misleading. It would probably be accurate to say that by becoming continuous, war has ceased to exist.

Cate Fox

What made me laugh was seeing the EDL members protesting, but all wearing balaclavas.... how brave of them. Did they not pick up on the fact that these murderers had cockney accents according to by-standers?!

Matt_B

What made me laugh was seeing the EDL members protesting, but all wearing balaclavas.... how brave of them. Did they not pick up on the fact that these murderers had cockney accents according to by-standers?!

Yet they don't agree with burkahs (sp)

Rich B

Probably because plod is more likely to arrest them than a loonytoon muslim with bloodstained hands

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Any idea why the 'shoot-to-kill' policy was not used in this case? I'm not advocating it; just always thought that the police considered that it was too dangerous simply to injure a person who was causing a threat.

Matt_B

Any idea why the 'shoot-to-kill' policy was not used in this case? I'm not advocating it; just always thought that the police considered that it was too dangerous simply to injure a person who was causing a threat.

Maybe the time between the attack and arrival was sufficient to lead them to believe they were no longer a threat?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Maybe the time between the attack and arrival was sufficient to lead them to believe they were no longer a threat?

So why shoot them at all?

I'm not sure that the same consideration has been made in similar incidents. They poliuce seemed happy enough to kill that bloke who was armed with a dangerous looking table leg in West (or was it East) Ham.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Any idea why the 'shoot-to-kill' policy was not used in this case?

Is there such a thing as a "shoot-to-kill" policy? If you shoot at somebody, you're likely to kill them

Lako42

Is there such a thing as a "shoot-to-kill" policy? If you shoot at somebody, you're likely to kill them

If you are a trained armed response officer you're not.

Macky

Gruntled Member
If you are a trained armed response officer you're not.

How do you work that out? What are they trained to do, aim for the big toe and hope they don't bleed to death?

M17TT C

Well that was a laugh reading some of the comments in here, please carry on and provide entertainment for the afternoon too!

Lako42

How do you work that out? What are they trained to do, aim for the big toe and hope they don't bleed to death?

So you don't think it's possible for a trained marksman to shoot someone in a specific area to avoid death?

If you look on the news from yesterday there was a good example of this, oh wait a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669