Are we back to our normal level as a team trying to avoid relegation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drygon

I've been wondering ever since Claudio Ranieri got sacked and I honestly think it's a very, very harsh decision from our owner.

Let's be honest here: Last season, our objective was to avoid relegation while staying in PL? But instead, we took the by far biggest achievement in a very long time. Now, we're back at our regular level as a bottom team while fighting by tooth and nails from avoiding relegation.

It's probably a very controversial opinion from me, but what I'm saying is that Claudio Ranieri simply made us overperform to a level we probably won't never ever reach again.

We shouldn't be angry at us being at the bottom, it's our true level.

If you think I'm wrong on my statement, then I'd be happy to hear your counter-arguments.

Cheers!

Well, the standard counter-argument is that the players showed themselves very capable during the second half of the season before last

There is no such thing as "a true level" other than the level you're at in the moment. Hence, our true level last season was slighly better than our true level this season.

There is no such thing as "a true level" other than the level you're at in the moment. Hence, our true level last season was slighly better than our true level this season.

We are where we are. The table doesn't lie. etc.etc.

I remember when all of this was nothing but Boy Genius and Melts for as far as the eye could see.

Steven , why won't anyone remember Steven?

It's like remembering Dennis Wise or Paulo de Sousa or the dishonourable sacking of Claudio. We try to eliminate such thoughts from our minds over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4698
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5Norwich City4674
6West Brom4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669