'Arry till the season ends....

• Ooooh, New Manager in earlier please

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

Dear Forum,

Old 'Arry Bassett wants until the end of the season in charge of the Foxes, the question therefore is, should he be given it?

At first I thought no, now I'm not so sure, not only are we playing a good brand of football, but also there may be a few more redundancies by the Summer, which could be fruitful....

The poll's here, it's simple, please vote...

oh, and vote for JF, the cunning wee foxy, in the naughty wee boxey...

No! We may be playing good football for a while, but we're losing all our leads. We only play good football until we score.

If we give Bassett until the end of the season and we get promoted, they'd give him the job full time, and that isn't a good thing for the long term of the club.

alex said:
Dear Forum,

Old 'Arry Bassett wants until the end of the season in charge of the Foxes, the question therefore is, should he be given it?

At first I thought no, now I'm not so sure, not only are we playing a good brand of football, but also there may be a few more redundancies by the Summer, which could be fruitful....

The poll's here, it's simple, please vote...

oh, and vote for JF, the cunning wee foxy, in the naughty wee boxey...

Food for thought there Alex, interesting stuff. I agree and disagree with your sentiments. Surely it's best to get the new gaffer in as soon as possible so ensure he has enough time to make an impact on the season.

I have splinters up my arse due to the amount I am sitting on the fence on this one... Food for thought indeed, much like a Taramasolata and Pitta Bread sarnie.

alex said:
I have splinters up my arse due to the amount I am sitting on the fence on this one... Food for thought indeed, much like a Taramasolata and Pitta Bread sarnie.

Stick it in the manifesto Alex :lol:

Give it him for the season. He has only been in charge 3 games and he has changed our entire playing mentality! The problem of loosing leads is obviously very deep rooted.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Give it him for the season. He has only been in charge 3 games and he has changed our entire playing mentality! The problem of loosing leads is obviously very deep rooted.

With all the dogs running round it's plainly obvious that losing leads is a bad idea. :oops:

Joe_Fox said:
Foxes_Never_Quit said:

With all the dogs running round it's plainly obvious that losing leads is a bad idea. :oops:

With Mike Newell falling off his pedestal and putting doubts in a few minds and no signs of the Sir Bobby Robson/Stuart Pearce ticket one has to wonder how many of the reputed 100 applicants really represent a fresh, exciting, attacking approach coupled with a winning toughness.

If people were that good, they wouldn't need to be applying for anything, they'd either be in a good job or they'd have a host of good clubs pleading for their services.

Bassett/Wilkinson isn't the worst scenario. There are at least some signs that they've listened to the fans and preached an attacking philosophy. I'd just love to know what their instructions were "in the event of our taking the lead".

Were THEY scared of pushing on or were the players scared?. I want a purposeful change at City either now or at the end of the season but I'd rather have Bassett/Wilkinson for now (and the right outcome later) than another MA type with no chance of taking us anywhere.

This season is still alive, just, and mainly because of the indifference of the other contenders but I'm much, much more interested in our leaders building something worthwhile for the future. Look what Bolton and Portsmouth have done.

"Be positive" is the message that needs to be conveyed at City both on the pitch and off it. If Bassett/Wilkinson can do "positive" then fine but it's not positive in patches we want but positive all the way through our matches.

Get forward and stay forward would be my philosophy (it always was). The modern points system doesn't encourage hedging your bets anyway.

Tony Elsby said:
Joe_Fox said:
Foxes_Never_Quit said:

With Mike Newell falling off his pedestal and putting doubts in a few minds and no signs of the Sir Bobby Robson/Stuart Pearce ticket one has to wonder how many of the reputed 100 applicants really represent a fresh, exciting, attacking approach coupled with a winning toughness.

If people were that good, they wouldn't need to be applying for anything, they'd either be in a good job or they'd have a host of good clubs pleading for their services.

Bassett/Wilkinson isn't the worst scenario. There are at least some signs that they've listened to the fans and preached an attacking philosophy. I'd just love to know what their instructions were "in the event of our taking the lead".

Were THEY scared of pushing on or were the players scared?. I want a purposeful change at City either now or at the end of the season but I'd rather have Bassett/Wilkinson for now (and the right outcome later) than another MA type with no chance of taking us anywhere.

This season is still alive, just, and mainly because of the indifference of the other contenders but I'm much, much more interested in our leaders building something worthwhile for the future. Look what Bolton and Portsmouth have done.

"Be positive" is the message that needs to be conveyed at City both on the pitch and off it. If Bassett/Wilkinson can do "positive" then fine but it's not positive in patches we want but positive all the way through our matches.

Get forward and stay forward would be my philosophy (it always was). The modern points system doesn't encourage hedging your bets anyway.

Good post Tony although I think you are being rather harsh on Micky Adams when you say "I'd rather have Bassett/Wilkinson for now (and the right outcome later) than another MA type with no chance of taking us anywhere.". Remember that Micky got us promoted out of nothing. That's alchemy at its best IMO.

I am like alex on this one. "Sitting on the fence" I never expected Bassett and co to achieve anything, They have well and truely, took me by surprise.

The longer bassett is a stand-in manager and he continues to get results the more chance there is that he will get the job. Lets hope he can keep it up.

I was told that Bassett also promised he would get us promoted. Has any one else heard this.
Would he accept a no promotion no pay bonus?

step said:
The longer bassett is a stand-in manager and he continues to get results the more chance there is that he will get the job. Lets hope he can keep it up.
3 points from 9?

MKFox said:
step said:
3 points from 9?

Better than nowt, but I agree, not good enough, had it been 5 or above then I'd be inclined to say "BOOOOM!" but it's not so I'll fizzle a "POP"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566