Post Match Arsenal 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sickener.

Ranieri says we'd have won if it was 11v11 and I totally agree. The sending off was harsh and totally inconsistent with many other decisions. Referees need to be stronger in the face of that kind of intense, ugly baiting from all of Arsenal's players, manager and fans.

Still, if that kind of cheating is what it takes for Arsenal to beat us at home, we're onto something good. Hopefully the players will use this injustice as motivation for the next 12 games.

It's so ****ing ridiculous how one second of play completely changes the narrative of so called "pundits" and "experts".

Had that header not gone in it would have all been "same old Arsenal" "couldn't beat ten men" "they're never going to win anything". It went in and now the Premier League trophy is being installed at the Emirates.

**** off Arsenal, you whining bunch of pre-pubescent primafuckindonna's. And I hope the ref's car breaks down on the way home and he gets picked up by a sadist with a cattle prod. ****ing wanker!

If we don't win the league, and it is an "if" because at the end of he day we will still be top of the table, I really hope Man City win it. Not cos I have any respect for them after the horrible way they've acted over Guardiola. But because I'd love to see Peligrini stick two fingers up to everyone on his way out. And that miserable moaning tosser in North London will still be a loser.

I think we were quite unlucky in that match. But We only have one of the top 5 teams to play for the rest of the season and we are still top by 2 points. Frankly it has been a very successful period. Same as after the last lost to Arsenal looking for a good response in the next game after a well deserved rest.

Absolutely gutting way to lose the match with the final kick of the game, however we must use this disappointment as the motivation and determination to embark on another run of victories. It is hardly the end of the world, we need to dust ourselves off and show the world foxes never quit. Bring on Norwich and the opportunity to start anorther positive run of results.

On positive, there has been some hilarious Arsenal bashing on twitter today. Aaron Ramsay instagramming a team photo celebrating their massive win is probably the highlight. It's like they've beaten Barcelona.

On positive, there has been some hilarious Arsenal bashing on twitter today. Aaron Ramsay instagramming a team photo celebrating their massive win is probably the highlight. It's like they've beaten Barcelona.

I was reading one of their forums and quite a few commented that it was the best feeling since the Barcelona 2-1 win and that they'll remember the moment for years.

At first I was angered at them being such pathetic ****s but now I'm just finding it funny that it means so much to them just to beat us, and only when we had 10 men, and only with the very last kick of the game.

Pathetic ****s.

I am disappointed having come so close, but like Claudio said in the interview - have to be very proud of the team. Arsenal will still have to win the equivalent of one more game than us, its still up for grabs. We need to take out our frustration on Norwich - and not let them off the hook. My biggest disappointments are when we can only scrape draws against teams like Aston Villa or Bournemouth, not like the fight we put up today.

I am gutted. ****ing miserable.

For what it is worth, with 11 men on the field I think we'd have won. I think we'd have scored more. Arsenal were scared of us on the break and I think it was only a matter of time before we opened them up again.

The sending off was a joke. If you book players for offences like that then we would have very few players left on the field. Ours was a penalty for sure. Mahrez's claim was not a penalty and he should have been booked. Drinkwater's tackle was a red card. The referee was a ****. Wasyl is still a legend despite his rush of blood.

I am still gutted and still ****ing miserable but we are top of the league, so it can't be too bad! ;)

Seen the Wasil tackle a few times now.

It's mindless, stupid and completely unnecessary. He owes the entire side an apology to be honest.

It was a moral victory
We were on track for a win until Simpson was sent off. The sending off changed the game. I do not blame the referee. He sees the game in real time and has to make an instant decision. The decision seems harsh with action replays and time to reflect but the referee did not have those luxuries. With ten men we showed great character and I am sure neutrals will have wanted us to hold out.
Unhappily you get no points for a moral victory.

Sky get a lot of criticism but I was glad to watch it at The Union Inn. There was a cheer when Kante got man of the match and palpable tension during time added on. There was a cry almost of agony when the second goal went in.
Sport is cruel.

Was gutting but hardly fatal!

A two week break before Norwich and WBA at home should give us a chance to bounce back.

Arsenal, Spurs and ManCity would all trade their points tally and reaming fixture list for ours!

We're still in the driving seat!

You're right. We are still in the driving seat.

We've got seven homes games left compared to Arsenal and Spurs with six and Man City with five.

From the seven away fixtures against those we've got to play at home, we won six and drew one.

From the five home fixtures against those we've got to play away, we won four and drew one.

If we could replicate those results, we've won the league irrespective of what the others do. As Arsenal and Spurs play each other, one of them would need to win that game and take a total of 34/36 points to overtake us. They're not going to do that as both sides have several tough fixtures left (aside from playing each other). Arsenal have away games at Everton, Man City, Man Utd and West Ham. Spurs have got to go to Chelsea, Liverpool and West Ham.

I think 77 points will be enough to win the league this year. Eight wins, two draws and two defeats.

Of course, it's easier said than done, but we're now over the fixtures we've found toughest. From here on in, it's up to us to outplay most of the opposition we've already proved superior to. If we do, Harry Kane, Alexis Sanchez and co can all go score and dive about til the cows come home and will not matter at all.

I'm more confident now than I was before the defeat. With eleven versus eleven we have proven that we are better than our closest rivals over the course of recent weeks.

Our upcoming fixtures are inviting and I have no reason to believe that the attitude and application of our players will falter. Top four is done. We're going to win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669