Match Thread Arsenal v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Mendy didn’t even make the 25 man squad ahead of Benkovic for the first half of the season, and now he’s starting ahead of Ndidi and Tielemans?!

Go home Brendan, you’re drunk.

Wow. Mendy didn’t even make the 25 man squad ahead of Benkovic for the first half of the season, and now he’s starting ahead of Ndidi and Tielemans?!

Go home Brendan, you’re drunk.
That was because he was on his way out but was held up by being on international duty and couldn’t get back in time to move on. Not because he was ahead of Benkovic.

Perfectly decent XI given the need to rotate the squad. Hope Mendy can handle the pace of the game.

Massive bonus not having to play Choudhury.

Good to know we’ve given up on the top 7 and settling for mid table mediocrity. Makes me really excited to go to league games for the rest of the season.

Good to know we’ve given up on the top 7 and settling for mid table mediocrity. Makes me really excited to go to league games for the rest of the season.
We have to play the odds. They are much more favourable of our winning the Euro shitcup than finishing in the Europa League.

I'd rather we won the Europa Conference League Cup and finish 10th in the league, get the squad fit for next season and start fresh. Better than have more players injured chasing 6/7th spot.
Another trophy in the cabinet is better than finishing 7th IMO

Last edited:
We won’t qualify via the league, so right to prioritise the joke conference cup thing

Would have been tempted to rest Barnes as well

How can you possibly look at the league table and think that we should be prioritising 7th?

Considering our injuries and fixtures over the next two months, we have to go for the Conference League.

How can you possibly look at the league table and think that we should be prioritising 7th?

Considering our injuries and fixtures over the next two months, we have to go for the Conference League.

It’s still possible. I’d rather give it a go rather than chance getting past the likes of Marseille and Roma in a cup competition.

Plus, have you seen Rodgers’ European record?

Agree that we needed to make changes but I'd have been tempted to put Choudhury in as our midfield looks quite light weight up against Partey & Xhaka.

Is this Sky or Arsenal TV FFS

We are 7/1 to win

Like buying money….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573