Ashes Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
England are in terrible shape. I don't just fear the result of this game i fear a thrashing through the whole series:icon_sad: . Batsmen look short of confidence, bowlers look even worse. Panesar has to play in the 2nd test, you can't win a test match if you don't take wickets. So far in this game its back to the very worst of England sides that we have seen over the last 10-15 years, and yet deep down imo we have got better players than previous teams and should compete. Away from home in hostile conditions we look frightened of our opponents and lack belief.

I think you are exaggarating. We will compete in the remaining tests. After all we got absolutely hammered in the first test last year.

We are still the second best side in the world and I think they will get better over the series. The problem has been preparation and in playing half-fit bowlers.

I think you are exaggarating. We will compete in the remaining tests. After all we got absolutely hammered in the first test last year.

We are still the second best side in the world and I think they will get better over the series. The problem has been preparation and in playing half-fit bowlers.

Can't do much worse can we:102:

In general i hope your right, but i'm not convinced:)

I agree there, the team has too many returning from injury and out of form.

4 of our 5 bowling attack are recovering from injury....

I think Broady might have to come in for Harmy some time in the series.

Only once they got into the tail enders, so they could bowl for a few overs at the end of the day. Not once they reached 500 as you suggested.

Don't know why Australia decided to bat again though, unless they're just trying to take the piss.

I suggested late 5's. I think Ponting chose to bat again for three reason to give some practice, demolise a bowling attack again for the future and because the pitch tonight and sunday night will have more cracks in and provide more for the bowler.

I suggested late 5's. I think Ponting chose to bat again for three reason to give some practice, demolise a bowling attack again for the future and because the pitch tonight and sunday night will have more cracks in and provide more for the bowler.

He admitted it was to give McGrath a break to try and keep him in top condition for the whole series
Still a very odd move though. It could have been all over yesterday

On the other hand this could be one of the biggest ever margins of victory :eek:

I'm glad I put my remaining 20 vCash on the Aussies to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566