Asian consortium to buy out City

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also lots of (insert tired racist stereotype here) at every game :038:

Last edited:
Offical statement; http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2112842,00.html

Leicester City Football Club can confirm that talks are ongoing regarding potential investment in the club, but no deal has been completed at this time.

We believe that the potential investors would make excellent partners to take the club forward but reiterate a deal has not been completed and as ever, we will only act in the interests of the club and our supporters.

No further comment will be made at this time.

I ask myself what was the point? :102: :tumbleweed:

I ask myself what was the point? :102: :tumbleweed:

People moan when they don't put anything, and people moan when they do. What do you want them to say, the takeover isn't done so they aren't going to say it is, I suppose they are just trying to keep us updated.

People moan when they don't put anything, and people moan when they do. What do you want them to say, the takeover isn't done so they aren't going to say it is, I suppose they are just trying to keep us updated.

The point is that they are saying even less than the other party they are in talks with. On that basis they are not adding anything so why put out a statement that contains less than that which is already in the public domain? :102: Pointless. :icon_roll

The point is that they are saying even less than the other party they are in talks with. On that basis they are not adding anything so why put out a statement that contains less than that which is already in the public domain? :102: Pointless. :icon_roll

Maybe they've had loads of moaning old tossers complaining that the story is all over the press, but there has been nothing on the official site

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.........

Maybe they've had loads of moaning old tossers complaining that the story is all over the press, but there has been nothing on the official site.

Stephen, have I told you how much I love and respect you lately? You are the man for me Stephen, dare I say, Stephanie. Can we get together and snuggle in front of Bareback Mountain after a match one Saturday please?

Homer, please.

Whether it's true or not I don't know but according to someone on foxestalk it will become £41m when we are in the prem and he/they will takeover 100%. But for now it's roughly a £19m investment for 49%.

Firstly to make it clear, we have had no official figures.

The figures being banded around could be made up in many different ways, as an example.

Taking a 49% share can be achieved in 2 ways
a) Buying 49% of existing shares from Milan, so cost circa £4.5 million
Or following the process when Milan bought the club he changed the share structure, therefore he could do so again & now generate nearly 50% more shares, therefore then to have a 49% stake of the increased shares would cost nearer £9 million

Then it is a case of how the rest of the money goes into the club, this could include paying back a % of the loans Milan has made to the club, which at a minimum must be £15m (he has personally mentioned £11mm & that doesn't include last season

On the basis around £5m per year is the current shortfall, £5m could just be swallowed up covering this seasons shortfall

There are many scenarios, remember £25m was banded around when Milan took over, but that figure was only reached last season

Or
b) following the process when Milan bought the club he changed the share structure, therefore he could do so again & now generate nearly 50% more shares, therefore then to have a 49% stake of the increased shares would cost nearer £9 million

No - to do it in this fashion you would have to almost double the number of shares - (in fact, a just over 96% increase). The cost would of course still be about £9M.

He has a residence in London and is President of the London Polo Club. He also plays for them (along with other members of his family). I've seen him quoted as saying that he wanted to retire from business at 50 and enjoy spending his money on whatever he likes. He's about 53 now. He's 'valued' at around $180m.

He has had business links with Thaksin Shinawatra and appears to be a friend with the high and mighty (and corrupt) in Thailand. King Power's main business is running the retail outlets in the Thai airport, a monopoly handed to Raksriaksorn in suspicious circumstances that have been challenged in court. King Power appear to carry on reaping the rewards from this whilst counteracting law suits against them with counter law suits.

[sarcasm] If at all ture what fantastic news.[/sacasm]

Last edited:
Or following the process when Milan bought the club he changed the share structure, therefore he could do so again & now generate nearly 50% more shares, therefore then to have a 49% stake of the increased shares would cost nearer £9 million

The price of the existing shares is negotiated between Mandaric and this Mr. Power bloke. Could be a penny for the lot, could be £30 million each - there's no absolute value for them and you can't determine how much a 49% stake would cost.

And I can't see the ownership transfer working through putting additional money into the club. That doesn't help Mandaric since his goal is to get his money out. More likely is that the initial 49% is sold by Mandaric for a token amount - a quid or so - and the new owners pay off Mandaric's loans. Probably, like Gaydamak at Portsmouth, by replacing them with their own loans. And sometime later, the new owners pay Mandaric an agreed fee for the other 51%. Which could be anything, since it will be about transferring ownership in an offshore investment and not publicly visible.

The price of the existing shares is negotiated between Mandaric and this Mr. Power bloke. Could be a penny for the lot, could be £30 million each - there's no absolute value for them and you can't determine how much a 49% stake would cost.

And I can't see the ownership transfer working through putting additional money into the club. That doesn't help Mandaric since his goal is to get his money out. More likely is that the initial 49% is sold by Mandaric for a token amount - a quid or so - and the new owners pay off Mandaric's loans. Probably, like Gaydamak at Portsmouth, by replacing them with their own loans. And sometime later, the new owners pay Mandaric an agreed fee for the other 51%. Which could be anything, since it will be about transferring ownership in an offshore investment and not publicly visible.

Doesn't it just fill you with confidence for the future? :icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670