Match Thread Aston Villa v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem yet again of not having a right winger worth the space.

We've got 3 good strikers, a good CAM and a good left winger. But you can't get more than 3 of those 5 in without pushing someone out of position. Which never works either though.
Daka on the wing???? Jesus wept.

Can’t even be arsed to follow runners now.

Given the shape of the game now, I'd get Albrighton on for KDH and go 4-4-2 so we can get Vardy and Daka central with Maddison still through the middle.

Our final ball is causing no problem for Villa at all. Meanwhile they should be four up

Soyuncu didn't have a ****ing clue where Ramsey was there.

Seriously, he's a ****ing joke of a defender at the minute.

Change the shape , you nob - this isn’t working FFS

I've actually stopped watching. Sad really.

The problem yet again of not having a right winger worth the space.

We've got 3 good strikers, a good CAM and a good left winger. But you can't get more than 3 of those 5 in without pushing someone out of position. Which never works either though.

I mean Lookman is shit but, to be fair to the lad, he's also not a right winger. He's played wide left his whole career until BR signed him.

Much like the idiocy of us signing a right back (Castagne) to replace a left back (Chilwell) last summer. It's utterly bonkers recruitment. Turning a balanced squad into a mess.

We should be further down in reality. Combo of players out and players out of form

This feels like a new low, this.

Genuine pressure rightly on Rodgers after this.
It’s getting to that point where we were with Puel where a defeat is almost more use than a draw because it might force something to happen.

I don’t want to see us sacking managers during the season but it’s gone now. He’s lost control and the results are way below what these players are capable of.

Thomas and Söyüncü would be very good defenders if marking, tackling, positioning, awareness and concentration weren’t vital skills

Good save by Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670