Astrit Ajdarevic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We certainly beat Liverpool 2-0 just a week before the Wycombe debacle, but that was not his debut. He made that in a mid-week game at Southampton just over a month earlier.

To my mind Junior Lewis was nowhere near as bad as many City fans made out. He hardly cost us anything and we got as much as could be expected for that kind of money. A lot of the trouble was that Lewis was always thought of as having a close connection with Peter Taylor and people transferred there feelings for Taylor onto him. He was bad - but not that bad. There were others in the side who deserved greater stick.

Strange how wherever Taylor went after us Lewis wasn't far behind.....

I thought he looked like Bambi on ice, though I can think of two players who were worse for us: Lee Marshall(one for the future!) and Dennis Wise.

We certainly beat Liverpool 2-0 just a week before the Wycombe debacle, but that was not his debut. He made that in a mid-week game at Southampton just over a month earlier.

To my mind Junior Lewis was nowhere near as bad as many City fans made out. He hardly cost us anything and we got as much as could be expected for that kind of money. A lot of the trouble was that Lewis was always thought of as having a close connection with Peter Taylor and people transferred there feelings for Taylor onto him. He was bad - but not that bad. There were others in the side who deserved greater stick.

:thumbs_up

Last edited:
Isn't that what pre-season matches are for?

If NP has been impressed with AA we should maybe give him a one year contract with an option to extend it if he does well. It's not much of a gamble if we can get him for nothing.

Haven't seen him but I am amazed anyone has seen enough of this lad to form an opinion. The only people who will truly no what this lad is capable of is Pearson and his coaching staff. Perhaps they have seen more than enough in training to see that he is worth giving a contract to. Hardly a massive risk IMO.

Agree with that. We haven't seen enough to conclusively say he won't cut it. I think he may have potential despite having the proverbial mare on Friday. He may not and the only people who can judge that is NP and the scouts/coaches.

NP will know what to do as we can't judge him on the very little we have seen....

I think the kid is worth a shot - he may have been pap on Friday, but if you'd been playing reserve team football with very few spectators and then had to come on in front of 30,000 at the age of 18 to make your first senior appearance for a new club - wouldn't you be slightly crapping yourself?!

He's definetely worth his signing on fee, and if he's poor we can loan him to Southampton!

I think the kid is worth a shot - he may have been pap on Friday, but if you'd been playing reserve team football with very few spectators and then had to come on in front of 30,000 at the age of 18 to make your first senior appearance for a new club - wouldn't you be slightly crapping yourself?!

He's definetely worth his signing on fee, and if he's poor we can loan him to Southampton!

It wasn't his first appearance though.

Just shows how devoted everyone is to Leicester City, It brings a tear to my eye.

No-one here has seen him enough to judge.
Ive seem him twice - each time it was for only a few minutes.
First time he looked OK second time he looked out of his depth.
Only Nigel can judge whether he is worth signing or not. Let him decide.
Also. Nigel may make a signing that does't work out. Which manager hasnt? MON?
It wont be a big problem, particularly if the guy doesn't cost £5m

No-one here has seen him enough to judge.
Ive seem him twice - each time it was for only a few minutes.
First time he looked OK second time he looked out of his depth.
Only Nigel can judge whether he is worth signing or not. Let him decide.
Also. Nigel may make a signing that does't work out. Which manager hasnt? MON?
It wont be a big problem, particularly if the guy doesn't cost £5m

If you had gone to Southend you would have seen him three times.

We certainly beat Liverpool 2-0 just a week before the Wycombe debacle, but that was not his debut.

My friends won't let me forget how I raved about Junior after that performance. They suggest I might have said 'Junior for England' at one point, but they clearly misheard me :icon_redf

But as I got most of my information from a certain Leicester City mailing list of the time, I'm absolved of any responsibility :icon_bigg

Fenton, Gunlaugsson, Eadie........etc etc

Eadie always looked decent when he was playing imo, wasnt ONeills fault he got injured so often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566