Australia v India (Boxing Day Test Cricket)

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxin_oz

Australia have gotten off to a reasonable start against India today. Hayden and Jaques getting them off to a good start but when Jaques got out on 66 (I think) it triggered a mini collapse with Ponting and Hussey both falling cheaply. They're at tea at the moment and looking quite comfortable at 3-213. Hopefully Clarke and Hayden can push the total up to around 400 plus with help from the tail (and Gilchrist). I used to play indoor and outdoor cricket over here in Oz, but am more of a football fan than a cricket fan. But like most blokes I'll watch pretty much anything of a sporting nature rather than suffer watching the normal garbage they have on daytime TV. C'mon the Aussies. :icon_bigg

Since I posted this they're back from tea and have lost Clarke and Hayden and are currently 5/248 with Symonds and Gilchrist in. Potential to reach 400 plus still but we'll see. Things can change quickly in this game. Nice century from Hayden though. :038:

Due to some nice bowling from Anil Kumble and Habarjhan Singh, some stupid one day shots from the Aussie batsmen, and the really long boundaries at the MCG the Aussies are now looking like being all out for around 300. It's 8-296 at the moment with all of the recognised batsmen out.

Well day one is over with the Aussie tail providing a bit of a sting. Final score at the end of proceedings 3-337. Better than I expected after Symonds and Gilchrist went.

Well day one is over with the Aussie tail providing a bit of a sting. Final score at the end of proceedings 3-337. Better than I expected after Symonds and Gilchrist went.

Whoops, right total but they've lost at least 8 or 9 wickets. :icon_redf

Last edited:
Been to any beach cricket punch ups? :icon_conf :icon_sad:

Been to any beach cricket punch ups? :icon_conf :icon_sad:

Funny you should say that. It's the reason I gave up playing cricket. Guys were coming to blows over a dodgy umpiring decision. I used to play sport for the fun of it. Not necessarily to win. :102:

Funny you should say that. It's the reason I gave up playing cricket. Guys were coming to blows over a dodgy umpiring decision. I used to play sport for the fun of it. Not necessarily to win. :102:

Sounds like the attitude of some of our football players :icon_sad:

Well after bowling India out for a paltry 196 Australia are currently 6/292 with a lead of 439. Unless it rains I'm thinking the Aussies have this match won already. It's just a case of when they declare. :icon_wink

With India on 5-140 needing a total of 499 it's not looking good for them. Ganguly is on 36 and Dhoni on 7. Mitchell Johnston is trying to bowl too fast and spraying the ball from the leg to the offside. He'll not get too many wickets with that type of bowling. Batsmen are prepared to just let it go without offering a shot. Having just said that Dhoni just slashed outside his off stump and was out for 11 caught by Gilchrist bowled Johnston. India now 6-144. :icon_redf

Last edited:
To be fair to Johnston he is now bowling extremely well. He's had about four near misses where the batmen have played and missed. India 6-157 and looking rather vulnerable. Having just said that Kumble just nicked one of Johnston's deliveries to the keeper. India now 7-157. Harbhajan Singh is now at the crease. Mike Hussey just cut off Singh's shot and threw to the bowler's end, Hogg catching and stumping in one movement (almost) and now India are really in trouble. 8-157. Ganguly just out lbw very next delivery, India up the Ganges without a monkey god, 9-157.

Last edited:
With Johnston bowling at 148 kph it's only a matter of time before India are beaten. They currently need 342 with just one wicket in hand. R P Singh and Zaheer are the sole remaining batsmen. Surely even Ganesha can't save them from a humiliating defeat now? India 9-161 and playing and missing mostly.

Johnston just bowled a lighning quick delivery that the Indian batsman edged onto his stumps. Australia win easily ... India vindaloosers ... :icon_bigg

Due to a general lack of interest this will be the last cricket report posted by this poster.

Thats one hell of a hammering :038:

Good to see Dravid in fine form. 21 off 30 overs faced in the match :icon_lol:

Thats one hell of a hammering :038:

Good to see Dravid in fine form. 21 off 30 overs faced in the match :icon_lol:

TBH India were outclassed totally in that match. :icon_wink

Austrailian Cricketers v the Indian Cricket team

Never in my life have I wished for any of them bad things that are mentioned in the bible to happen. I came bloody close this time.

Cheats and arrogant tossers, all of them.

Last edited:
Austrailian Cricketers v the Indian Cricket team

Never in my life have I wished for any of them bad things that are mentioned in the bible to happen. I came bloody close this time.

Cheats and arrogant tossers, all of them.

There is a bit of arrogance about the Aussie team, but most of it stems from their dominance of the game in recent times. A few losses might shrink a few heads. :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669