away match priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitz

just wondering if anyone else got their season ticket through and had a priority of 3 despite going to most games last year?

i thought it was a bit odd that this had happened and reported the problem to the club and was told they have no record of me buying any tickets at all. this hasnt caused a problem so far but im not looking forward to games such as plymouth which will be popular, as due to shit priority last year i missed arsenal match....gutter! ive been told i have to bring my ticket stubs from last year to up my priority, but shouldnt the ticket office computers store the details when you give your client number?

fitz said:
just wondering if anyone else got their season ticket through and had a priority of 3 despite going to most games last year?

i thought it was a bit odd that this had happened and reported the problem to the club and was told they have no record of me buying any tickets at all. this hasnt caused a problem so far but im not looking forward to games such as plymouth which will be popular, as due to shit priority last year i missed arsenal match....gutter! ive been told i have to bring my ticket stubs from last year to up my priority, but shouldnt the ticket office computers store the details when you give your client number?

i order most of my tickets by phone or e-mail, and because of this don't get any of these stubs at all, which puts me on a low prioity despity being to a lot of away matches.

by stubs i just meant the part of the ticket you are left with after attending the game, which to be honest i fail to see how that proves i went to the games anyway.....could easily just ask people i know for their stubs for games i didnt attend, that is if i lived anywhere near another city fan.

fitz said:
...but shouldnt the ticket office computers store the details when you give your client number?

Come be fair this is City. Probably only just got the latest ZX81 installed and the system runs on BBC Basic. :roll: :wink:

I got a priority 1 this season after going to 13 away last year. I only got it stamped for 2 of the games or something. I just kept all the stubs from the old tickets tucked in the back of my season ticket and when i went down to renew this year showed them at the guy who didnt even count them just took my word there were 13 and gave me the priority 1

This was a topic we discussed with the club over the summer.

In theory the computer has the capability to store a purchase record against a person's season ticket record (or membership). The club were going to look further into it.

We will raise it again during our next meeting, we certainly don't believe 'Foxiles' should be penalised which happens under the current system if the technology exists to cope

When you buy your away tickets you should give them your season ticket details, even if the tickets are on general sale. If you do that they'll record your purchase on the computer system, and will be able to look up how many games you went to even if you didn't get your card stamped. The priority cards shouldn't be needed at all, the details are all on the computer.

There's still a lot of room for improvement for phone sales of tickets.
When the d*rby and Millwall tickets went on sale I was in Scotland, and I phoned them (from my mobile) on the Monday morning. It took over 30 minutes for my call to be answered. Then when it was, the person spent the next couple of minutes finishing the previous transaction before dealing with mine. Then after giving him my details he said I hadn't been to any away games last season - when in fact I went to all the games. I realised he was looking at the wrong details, because I have two season tickets under my name, so eventually he found the right details and sold me the tickets.
The whole process took over 38 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570