Back, Sack or Crack

What should MM do to Ollie?

• Back

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Sack

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • Crack (his head open with a baseball bat)

Votes: 10 14.5%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
and not really born from any kind of fact. Megson's points per game average wouldn't have saved us.

If we had gone down with Megson,I wonder how many would have wanted the Stability then and wanting him to ge given time

Looks like nearly two thirds want him out anyway

Last edited:
i,l back him, im as gutted as anybody that we went down and i also believe that part of the blame must lie at ollie,s feet, but i also believe changing again will just lead to another season of turmoil, ollie is the bet man to lead us out of this division and given the time to lead us into the premier.

I'd actually back him. Although relegation was partly his fault (not wholly), I think he can get us promoted and he is our best bet to do that because we aren't going to be able to attract any half decent manager here.

To all those who want him sacked, do you reckon that he will get us promoted first time if he stayed? I do.

Option one is the only realistic option (don't think that it will happen though). We cannot keep changing manager ever two to three months.

How do you work that out, That is one on the dumbist comments, I have seen in a long time.

If we (You) want the club to do well then we all need to support MM in his quest to find a manager that can take us forward, and if that means he buys and sacks one manager every month until he find a good manager, then so be it.

And dont start blaming MM for selecting a crap manager. It aint his fault there are very few good managers about.

PS: Ollie average points per game at leicester is 1.09 points per game. One of the all time lows

Last edited:
I blame Ollie entirely for our relegation. He knew the score when he came here, our immediate goal was to survive in this league, infact we were thinking off play-offs when he first came were we not? So we weren't in that bad a position before he came.

He's had time, he's been able to bring in some of his own players, but he has failed to get the team playing to it's potential, he has been lacking in tactical nouse and obviously, seems to be a manager that cracks under pressure.

I would love to see some stability at this club, and I would love to see him in charge next season catapulting us up the league and back into the Championship, at the same time my head tells me that we will probably be battling relegation or suffering mid-table mediocrity even in League 1 with him in charge.

It really is a nightmare scenario and I am glad I am not Milan Mandaric. This season was tough but next season will show who at the club has any mettle.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but can those of you backing Ollie please explain to me the plus points of his time at the club. The only reason I can see put forward for keeping him is to avoid a change of manager. I could go along with this if I had any idea what he was trying to put together in terms of a team or a style of play. Holloway strikes me as one of those gift of the gab chancers whose luck has run out. I'm voting Sack!

Great title CF.

I've said back. Not that I think much of him to be honest. But, I'm bored of changing manager and doubt it's chance of doing us any good.

IH did inherit an absolute horror show of a squad. He probably tried to sort it out too quickly on reflection. Using too much of the budget to pay off players like, Neilson, Newton, Kaebi, Cort, De Vries, Maybury, Kenton, Sheehan. Also ditching dire loans like John, Ferreira and Dzeiri.

I can't blame him for any of those decisions. Problem is, it just piled change on change. Disruption mania.

What IH did with the squad made perfect sense. It just hasn't worked yet. Whether it ever will is probably down to MM and his ability to support a manager. If MM came out and said IH was the boss no matter what for the whole of next season, the players would know where they stood and those that want out could go. IH would then have some authority to establish himself.

I'd also put every player in the squad up for sale as a statement as much as anything. Say they're all on the transfer list until such time as they prove themselves worthy of staying.

Even if we replace IH with a manager with a bit more tactical skill, the change could easily mitigate the benefit.

IH did inherit an absolute horror show of a squad. He probably tried to sort it out too quickly on reflection.

When he came in he criticised the number of players signed in the summer, then he did the same thing himself.

The fact is our better players this season have been ones who have been here since before MM took over. The ones who have had time to settle and know how to play with each other.

So I would hope whatever happens with the manager, we don't go through the whole squad changing thing again this summer. What we have now should be good enough for League One.

I've said back him.

He inherited a pile of average players who for most of the time have seemed incapable of playing together, we'll never know who brought them in, same as we'll never know how much money he was actually allowed to spend himself, but what we can guess is that with the amount of loan signings it couldn't have been much.

Successive managers have failed to get this bunch of wasters to perform consistently so it can't all be just down to the manager.

Personally I'm not a big fan of his, but, he does seem to be genuine and to want to be seen to be doing the best by all around him plus he more than anyone new coming in has got something to prove.
He's got to prove to himself, the media and to the fans that he's not a complete failure and bruised egos often make for the best motivation.

If it were not for so many managerial changes, the verdict would probably be 99% sack and 1% keep. So many changes have made people lose their sense of perspective so that the minority that are in favour of keeping him is way, way too large than is justified. I have no doubt whatever that the man has to go.

Despite all the problems at LCFC, some of which were not IH's fault, a decent manager (& there are a few) would have kept LCFC in the championship. The manager had a few trump cards in his hand - not least a top defence and a chairman who gave him a decent budget to buy new players. These factors alone should have been enough to save the club.

There were undoubtedly errors on Holloway's part that condemned the club to throw these advantages away. I think it is pretty widely acknowledged that the man is no tactician, and his substitutions are poor. Despite his maxims of 'no square pegs in round holes' he proceeded to play players out of position for far, far too long. The most obvious problem of Leicester's - the inability to score - was exacerbated by Holloway sticking with playing the one man who could score, Hume, on the wing for far too long. That decision alone cost Leicester several points. Which cost Leicester its place in the championship. The ocassional trying of the hapless 'couldn't score in a brothel' Fryatt condemned Leicester to losing out on yet more goals and more points (& again this kept Hume displaced for even longer onto the wing).

We can also point to some pretty poor signings. The hungarians, Ethu, Howard - none of them worked. Oakley deserves a muted 'ok' verdict at best; only Hendrie and Bell at the death of the season proved good decisions. How many players and how much money would Holloway have needed to turn it around? A blind man in a maze could have marched forward with more purpose and certainly more success than him.

Yes Holloway was hampered by instability meaning that perhaps he lacked authority in the dressing room (probably exacerbated by his 'clown' persona meaning it was hard to command respect) and some of his energy and MM's funds had to be channelled towards culling the squad when they got rid of all the guys that BN points out - but the revolving door - and open cheque book - was still open to bring in better players. But Holloway blew it.

There is only one result for failing to get results in football today for managers leading any club with any ambition and any money - and that is the sack. No question about it from where I'm sitting.

Last edited:
Id replace him if we had Grayson or Newell lined up but if its Dowie or Davies id give Ollie the first 10 games

Last edited:
balls to it, im gonna stick my neck out, back him.

...back him to entertain at the xmas party... crack a few gags and a make some balloon animals for the kids, that would be about right. IH is the best clown I've seen in a long, long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670