Bamba and Gradel

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

Well played and commiserations to Sol Bamba and (he was one of us, after all) Max Gradel of the Ivory Coast.
The runners up went the whole African Cup of Nations without conceding a goal, with Bamba playing every game in defence alongside Kolo Toure. His stock will have risen as a result and hopefully he comes back to us full of confidence.
Both Gradel (now at St Etienne) and Bamba banged home their penalties in the shoot out and must be completely gutted to have lost. This being the equivalent to the European Championships after all.

Well played lads! And well done to Zambia who have celebrated the memory of their team-mates who lost their lives in that plane crash in the best style possible.

Gradel was amazing when he came on, nice one Nige.

Nigel can't get everything right.

I always thought Max would make a top player and he just needed a bit of time . However at the time Nigel thought he wasn't his type of player, and lets face it he probably still isnt now as Nigel would wqnt him chasing back which was one of those things he did neglect in some games. Perhaps he has grown up a bit now, whatever it is too late now to think of what might have been.

Last edited:
Gradel was amazing when he came on, nice one Nige.

Are you some kind of a retard?

For the very last time, Gradel wanted to leave here and go to Leeds.

Nothing Pearson could have done to prevent that.

Even had he stayed, he wouldn't have been here now because he wanted to play in France and for more money.

That's why he left Leeds.

How many times do you need to be told?

Even had he stayed, he wouldn't have been here now because he wanted to play in France and for more money.

That's why he left Leeds.

How many times do you need to be told?

His mental status is not in question, he has given up pork you know.

Are you?

Gradel left because he wanted to play first team football. Pearson could have done something about that.

A lot of people, me included, think he should have played a lot more for us than he did, and his success since he left has done nothing to change my mind.

It's nonsense to say you know what would have happened if he'd stayed. Maybe if he'd stayed we'd have been promoted and he would be happy to stay playing for us in the Prem.

Are you?

Gradel left because he wanted to play first team football. Pearson could have done something about that.

A lot of people, me included, think he should have played a lot more for us than he did, and his success since he left has done nothing to change my mind.

It's nonsense to say you know what would have happened if he'd stayed. Maybe if he'd stayed we'd have been promoted and he would be happy to stay playing for us in the Prem.

Pearson gave him his wish and loaned him to Leeds in October 2009 and he was used frequently as a substitute. He signed for them in January 2010 after making it clear he did not want to return to Leicester.

Maybe if he'd stayed at Leeds, they would have been promoted and he would be happy to stay playing for them in the Prem. Somehow I doubt it.

He was being given the same opportunities here as he was at Leeds.

Nigel and his team wanted to keep him but you cannot force a player to stay against his will.

What an unimaginative and ill informed individual you are.

I have no idea how many times I need to be told something that isn't correct, but it is annoying me slightly, how many times will you continue to spout this incorrect theory?

You make one positive post about a current and former player doing well and it just turns into a moan off. Pretty boring. Might try another positive thread at some point, but like my old nan used to say,"you can take a horse to water, but you can't make it not be a c@nt"

He was being given the same opportunities here as he was at Leeds.

That's just not true.

In the first two months of the 2009/10 season his only appearance for us was in the League Cup. He was fit but Nicky Adams was preferred for a place on the bench.
Gradel then went to Leeds and was immediately playing regularly, even if it was mainly from the bench.

That's just not true.

In the first two months of the 2009/10 season his only appearance for us was in the League Cup. He was fit but Nicky Adams was preferred for a place on the bench.
Gradel then went to Leeds and was immediately playing regularly, even if it was mainly from the bench.

And in the previous season, when we won promotion, Nigel played him in 27 of those games - which hardly suggests he wasn't given opportunities or that he wasn't appreciated here.

And in the previous season, when we won promotion, Nigel played him in 27 of those games - which hardly suggests he wasn't given opportunities or that he wasn't appreciated here.

But after playing a big part in our promotion, in the first 12 league matches of 2009/10 Gradel didn't start a game and was an unused substitute twice.

NP Clearly didn't think he was good enough to play in the Championship - or had some other reason not to play him.

I'm sure most players in that situation would be looking to go on loan to get some games.

But after playing a big part in our promotion, in the first 12 league matches of 2009/10 Gradel didn't start a game and was an unused substitute twice.

NP Clearly didn't think he was good enough to play in the Championship - or had some other reason not to play him.

I'm sure most players in that situation would be looking to go on loan to get some games.

And so he did.

Then, for whatever reason, he put in a transfer request and made it clear he wanted to leave.

Rather ungrateful and somewhat immature in the opinion of many, given the fact he was schooled in our Academy.

He was also fully supported by the club and treated compassionately following the death of his mother, being given 3 months leave of absence spent in France during the 2007/8 season.

Then, for whatever reason, he put in a transfer request and made it clear he wanted to leave.

"whatever reason" being that it was clear he wouldn't get to play much football if he'd stayed here.

Rather ungrateful and somewhat immature in the opinion of many, given the fact he was schooled in our Academy.

Why is it immature?

He's a footballer. He wanted to play football. He was prepared to drop down a division to do so. It happens all the time.

Many of the players in our squad have dropped down a division so they can play football. Do you think they're all immature too?

Asking if someone is a retard because of an opinion on football certainly seems more immature.

Asking if someone is a retard because of an opinion on football certainly seems more immature.
Regardless of the argument, that comment was unacceptable. I think Filthy should man up and apologise.

Regardless of the argument, that comment was unacceptable. I think Filthy should man up and apologise.

Yes, I agree. It was out of order and an apology is in order.

It was borne out of frustration at some people's willingness to apportion blame for every single thing that happens.

I don't like to see players and staff attacked on here when they are not able to defend their point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566