Banners

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

Not David or Bruce, but those website banner things so beloved on Foxestalkshite etc. with pictures on and everything

Anyone tell me what (cheap) software you need to make one ?

Ta

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Not David or Bruce, but those website banner things so beloved on Foxestalkshite etc. with pictures on and everything

Anyone tell me what (cheap) software you need to make one ?

Ta
Chav :icon_roll

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Photoshop or Illustrator neither of which are cheap. Although I wouldnt for one minute think the foxestalk chavs have paid for either.

M17TT C

I don't intend to either........

im not having a go at you homer, but i was talking about a pirated game that retails for as little as £20 and got an earful from left, right and centre for promoting piracy and being a 'thief'. whereas im sure photoshop costs a couple of hundred quid to buy, so wheres the hate mob having a go at homer??

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
im not having a go at you homer, but i was talking about a pirated game that retails for as little as £20 and got an earful from left, right and centre for promoting piracy and being a 'thief'. whereas im sure photoshop costs a couple of hundred quid to buy, so wheres the hate mob having a go at homer??

He didn't say he was going to steal it. He may have meant that he didn't want to pay that much, and wanted a cheaper option - which is why I replied with a link to a free program.
For most people there's no point getting something as powereful as photoshop because there are cheap/free programs that do the basic stuff just as well and are easier to use.

M17TT C

like Jeff, i thought you were quite intelligent, but obviously you seem to be unable to read!!

Re: Banners
Quote:Originally Posted by Durham Fox
Photoshop or Illustrator neither of which are cheap. Although I wouldnt for one minute think the foxestalk chavs have paid for either.
End Quote

Quote: Originally Posted by Homer
End Quote

Last edited:

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
like Jeff, i thought you were quite intelligent, but obviously you seem to be unable to read!!

End Quote

End Quote

I can read well, even when people use numbers instead of letters :icon_roll

There are two ways to interpret what Homer wrote. It may mean he's going to steal it, it may mean he's not going to pay for it because he'll find something cheaper. Just because you automatically assume someone is a thief doesn't mean it's necessarily the case.

Han

End Quote

End Quote

he hardly came out and said "download it from a well known file sharing program" as i believe you said something very similar

M17TT C

no he says he doesn't intend on paying for it like the 'chavs' on foxestalk, im sure if he ment he was looking for a cheaper alternative he would of said something along the lines of, 'well i cant afford an expensive program, does anyone know if it is possible to do it with another cheaper or free program'

Last edited:

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
wow this shows how private Private Messages are!! i understand mods can intercept them for obvious reasons, but when normal members know what was in 'private messages' things seem to look a bit dodgey!!
you posted it here: http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php?p=316236&postcount=6

:icon_roll

Mods can't access PMs, I'm the only person who can do that.
The only reason I noticed the PM you sent yesterday was because I was logged in as admin when I was planning to change your user name, but I needed to check my PMs so rather than log out I looked at the PMs in the database and noticed something else you sent.

M17TT C

you posted it here: http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php?p=316236&postcount=6

:icon_roll

Mods can't access PMs, I'm the only person who can do that.
The only reason I noticed the PM you sent yesterday was because I was logged in as admin when I was planning to change your user name, but I needed to check my PMs so rather than log out I looked at the PMs in the database and noticed something else you sent.

i know, just a bit stoned now, hence the edit!!

homer

no he says he doesn't intend on paying for it like the 'chavs' on foxestalk, im sure if he ment he was looking for a cheaper alternative he would of said something along the lines of, 'well i cant afford an expensive program, does anyone know if it is possible to do it with another cheaper or free program'

What I actually meant was that I have no intention of paying a fortune for some fantastic software to make one banner and then never use the fecker again

My original post was a question about cheap software

Perhaps you are also unable to read..........??

LS6_Fox

Alternatively homer, if you give an indication as to what kind of banner you want, someone on here maybe able to help you.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Alternatively homer, if you give an indication as to what kind of banner you want, someone on here maybe able to help you.
He won't do that, it's for one of his other "special" sites :icon_wink

Matt_B

or, and not edits here, there is a good free image editing software package called The Gimp, it was originally Linux based I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669