Barack Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised by the general reaction on here, knowing as I do now that the standard British opinion is one liberally soaked in institutionalized cynicism and apathy. I used to be saddled with that terrible burden as well until I moved to the States and started to open my mind up a little...

Over here we are quite excited that a genuine change of direction for America, and probably because of it the world at large, could be on the way. I suppose the attitude I have now is the cheesy "yes we can", but it does make for a happier, more fulfilling life. You should try it!

But I guess you'll all simply dismiss that as naive, in the standard cynical British way. And that's fair enough - you're entitled to your overwhelming negativity...

:)

I hear that DF, i'm in Tucson right now and my girlfriend and her Mom were dancing for joy. The coverage with John Stewart and Stephen Colbert was great, sadly i couldn't feel their joy as we have our own bunch of cretins that need removing.

I found the whole election day pretty powerful, we rode bikes to the polls and even though McCain won Arizona he didn't win Pima County.

I hear that DF, i'm in Tucson right now and my girlfriend and her Mom were dancing for joy. The coverage with John Stewart and Stephen Colbert was great, sadly i couldn't feel their joy as we have our own bunch of cretins that need removing.

I found the whole election day pretty powerful, we rode bikes to the polls and even though McCain won Arizona he didn't win Pima County.
Too right; in Phoenix they look down at Tucson as those "God damn hippies down the road". It's a shame that Phoenix has so many people, and so many morons...

(Give me a shout Drew and we'll get a beer or something)

Being as how he is a half-caste and the blacks are claiming him as the first black President, then he must also be a white President.....

I'm not surprised by the general reaction on here, knowing as I do now that the standard British opinion is one liberally soaked in institutionalized cynicism and apathy. I used to be saddled with that terrible burden as well until I moved to the States and started to open my mind up a little...

Over here we are quite excited that a genuine change of direction for America, and probably because of it the world at large, could be on the way. I suppose the attitude I have now is the cheesy "yes we can", but it does make for a happier, more fulfilling life. You should try it!

But I guess you'll all simply dismiss that as naive, in the standard cynical British way. And that's fair enough - you're entitled to your overwhelming negativity...

:)

You have one of the most wicked, pernicious & evil regimes on the planet.
What evidence do you have that Obama is going to deliver any thing different?
All I can see is a whole lot of very naive people getting swept up in a lot of misplaced emotion and I predict a lot of disappointment for them all when they realise that there is no 'change'.
What 'change' can he possibly deliver, even if he wanted to?

Yes, I am cynical, but let's try to stick to facts not emotion.

My dissapointment at Obama's win has absolutely nothing to do with British cynicism and everything to do with Obama's policies. I happen to have major problems with his economic policy of "spreading the wealth". I'm also not very confident in his ability to successfully handle foreign policy, but I guess we'll see.

i think it's time for Obama to actually deliver now. Up until now he has done nothing but talk rhetoric and spout out a bunch of soundbites. Let us see if there actually any substance behid his "Change" mantra. I have my doubts.

Being as how he is a half-caste and the blacks are claiming him as the first black President, then he must also be a white President.....[/QUOTE

Barack is not a typical African American, no matter how much Oprah Winfrey and Jesse Jackson want to portray him as such. Barack is half white, was raised in Hawaii and was brought up by white people. You're probably thinking this has nothing to do with his election. I thought so too but apparently I'm wrong. The very second that he won this whole thing became all about race and this pisses me off. I can only imagine if another Hurrican Katrina type tragedy was to occur in the next four years. I wonder if the black community would rush to blame everything on the government then.

Last edited:
My dissapointment at Obama's win has absolutely nothing to do with British cynicism and everything to do with Obama's policies. I happen to have major problems with his economic policy of "spreading the wealth". I'm also not very confident in his ability to successfully handle foreign policy, but I guess we'll see.

i think it's time for Obama to actually deliver now. Up until now he has done nothing but talk rhetoric and spout out a bunch of soundbites. Let us see if there actually any substance behid his "Change" mantra. I have my doubts.

Being as how he is a half-caste and the blacks are claiming him as the first black President, then he must also be a white President.....[/QUOTE

Barack is not a typical African American, no matter how much Oprah Winfrey and Jesse Jackson want to portray him as such. Barack is half white, was raised in Hawaii and was brought up by white people. You're probably thinking this has nothing to do with his election. I thought so too but apparently I'm wrong. The very second that he won this whole thing became all about race and this pisses me off. I can only imagine if another Hurrican Katrina type tragedy was to occur in the next four years. I wonder if the black community would rush to blame everything on the government then.

I presume you would rather entrust economic and foreign policy, to the proven competence and sound intellect of Sarah Palin.

I presume you would rather entrust economic and foreign policy, to the proven competence and sound intellect of Sarah Palin.

I wouldn't personally - but I'd still definitely do her, I don't care what you say

I wouldn't personally - but I'd still definitely do her, I don't care what you say
Finally, some sense....

SarahPalin1.jpg

Barack Obama has finally broken from American tradition, and will become the first black person to enter the White House not holding a mop.

Barack Obama has finally broken from American tradition, and will become the first black person to enter the White House not holding a mop.

But he is NOT black!!!!! :icon_wink

No I wouldn't actually - but then again that was never an option as she was never in the running to be President.

America is run by bankers, not by the president.
The bankers have got their man in office again with Barack Obama, as evidenced by the huge amount of money they threw into his campaign fund.

Actually Obama's funding is noted for being based on small donations from a large number of people-the average donation to the Obama campaign was $86

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gLgWkHHlQLR2Kp5RMJVO43A7v2ZwD946TM400

This is very true.

If i was an Iranian waking up in Iran Today, i wouldn't feel anymore safer from attack than yesterday.

Bollocks-the likelyhood of an American attack on Iran in the current international climate is extremely doubtful. plus if you actually look at his policies towards iran its about diplomacy not aggression

http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/foreign_policy/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673