Pre Match Barnsley (home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much pre match chat on this one!

I'm going for us to get a morale-boosting win. 4-0 with Beckford getting two and King and Konchesky getting the others.

Back four of Pelts, Mills, Tunch, Konch, Gall right mid, Kennedy left mid, Danns and Mr Wellens in the middle, Becks and Nuge up front.
3 - 0 Leicester (with that team)

Well I guess this is the litmus test for how gash we really are. We ALWAYS beat Barnsley. We didn't do it away this time but I can't remember a time we haven't done the business convincingly against them at home. That said, they aren't looking half bad at all this season and no doubt we'll make an ordeal out of it. I can't take another winless game like this.

Ithink we were all hoping/expecting at least one new face but seems were set for the "old guard."

agree with his selection or not any team we put out should be capable of beating these. I think we will 3-1 Beckford 2 Nugent

What old guard?
I had hopes that Morrison and Hobbs would be our centre backs in ten yeats time and become as much part of Leicester as Cross and Sjoberg. Sadly they were sold. Beckford is on two goals - if we had still got Matty Fryatt I would guess he would have got more than two.
Bill Shankley was once asked what would be his team for Saturday - "Same as last season" he quipped.
One of our problems has been that we have been a collection of footballers playing against teams.

Every pre-match somebody claims Beckford will get his third goal of the season. If he keeps playing then someday - perhaps today perhaps March or April - it will happen. My prediction is that when he gets his third goal somebody will say that proves he is the new Worthington the new Linecker - "I knew he would come good."

Barnsley haven't kept a clean sheet for 8 games. However, given the way that we like to be so helpful to clubs in bringing a run to an end .....

I doubt he'll be in the squad if a transfer has already been agreed.

Apparently Sharp will be playing for Donny but not taking any risks according to someone on Twitter. Maybe Abe could play risk free as well? :icon_bigg

A nervous first 20 minutes. A goal mouth scramble puts us one up. Confidence restored, we cruise to a 4-0 win.

Well I guess this is the litmus test for how gash we really are. We ALWAYS beat Barnsley. We didn't do it away this time but I can't remember a time we haven't done the business convincingly against them at home. That said, they aren't looking half bad at all this season and no doubt we'll make an ordeal out of it. I can't take another winless game like this.

I seem to remember not beating them away under Pearson either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669