Post Match Barnsley V Leicester City 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame. This thread appears to be as entertaining as the game was. That could have really fired off.

Too soon? Nah.

Looked at the fixtures today, I get the feeling a Pompey/Ipswich could be on it's way unless the defence pulls their finger out. I can't not believe a man of Sven's standing can be so naive when it comes to building a team...should be no surprise really when you look at the clubs he's joined and how flushed they were at the time. Some players were written off here by the fans/Sven and have proved more successful than their replacements.

Whom Hazz? Who has left and been better?

Still sound like we have so many defensive frailties it is unreal.. Pantsil & Mills both had shockers according to commentary..

Mills 's confidence is shot... Gray beat him 9/10 to every ball....not sure if dropping him or carry on in the hope that his game returns is best!.

Pantsil got caught out time and time again..

Kasper was the reason we got a draw...... Fernandez also put in a good shift..

apart from that all pretty average.

Beckford went off in last few minutes.. not sure if its a bad injury.... i hope he can score the goals we need otherwise we aint gonna make it !!!

:icon_conf

Id say Mills has done nothing to prove himself better than Hobbs at his best for one

That's very generous. I'd say Mills has done nothing to prove himself better than Bruma at his best for one.

edit: What I mean is, I'm sure he is a much better player than Bruma but he's definitely not proven it yet, let alone been anywhere to Hobbs' at his best. It's all well and good saying he must be given time to settle, but every game he's given is another game in which he's a liability. SSL has proven to be just as excellent a Championship defender in the past, it might be time we start giving him a run and a "chance to settle."

Last edited:
Right, so, Hobbs at the beginning of last season was better than Mills yeah?

Since when was the beginning of last season "at his best"? Hobbs was certainly miles better based on the vast majority of the 08/09 and 09/10 seasons.

Since when was the beginning of last season "at his best"? Hobbs was certainly miles better based on the vast majority of the 08/09 and 09/10 seasons.

Because I am comparing with Mills, we only have the first few games in which we can compare. Hobbs was woeful at this time last season.

Because I am comparing with Mills, we only have the first few games in which we can compare. Hobbs was woeful at this time last season.

And so has Mills been at the start of this season.

Small world eh MF?

Pleased to meet you. I'm Hayley's dad :icon_bigg

Small world indeed.:icon_bigg
Pleased to meet you too Spion.:icon_bigg. Who would have guessed eh.

It was nice to meet Hayley yesterday as well. I take it she has her mothers looks.
She got back safely after her long day. I couldn't believe it when Ross said he was catching a bus before 8am on a Saturday morning to go into Sheffield to meet Hayley off the Leicester train.

:icon_lol: that deleted post makes sense now :icon_wink

What deleted post is that?
EDIT: I think I know now - BM made a comment about Hayley when he obviously did not know who she was which as Spion says he misread, which I must admit I did at first.

Last edited:
I couldn't believe it when Ross said he was catching a bus before 8am on a Saturday morning to go into Sheffield to meet Hayley off the Leicester train.

Can't have been any more surprised than I was when she left home at half six on a Saturday morning!! Mind you, it's now nearly eleven and she is still in bed!!

What deleted post is that?

I insulted a valued poster because I misread his post:icon_bigg

Fortunately I realised what I had done before it was too late to delete it!

Did Hobbs play equally well when he first started with us - say in his first five, six games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669