BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Odds from Will Hill. Odds without Darren Clarke in the running are at the bottom.

What is Jenson Button even doing there....1 win in a career. And he is above Ricky Hatton...a World Champion...in the odds

What is Jenson Button even doing there....1 win in a career. And he is above Ricky Hatton...a World Champion...in the odds

And Murray lacks one vital ingredient....a Personality

Never known such a poor year for sporting achievment. The candidates say it all. Imo Calzaghe should take it for his fantastic effort against the highly rated Jeff Lacy, and because hes remained an undefeated champion for such a long while. His record should not be under estimated.

Where the feck is tony McCoy?:102:

Never known such a poor year for sporting achievment. The candidates say it all. Imo Calzaghe should take it for his fantastic effort against the highly rated Jeff Lacy, and because hes remained an undefeated champion for such a long while. His record should not be under estimated.

Hardly a Personality though is he? If its taken literally then its Sports 'Personality' of The Year and not The Best Sportsman/woman of the Year.

Cancel the whole bloody event. It's only a token gesture whoever wins it

Heard an advert for this on Radio 5 last night. It went something like this.

"After another fantastic year of achievement for British sport only one person can win the ultimate prize"

If it was about personality then half the previous winners wouldn't have won it.

I know but it should be because lets face it we are shite at most things.Naybe they should change the name or like MF says just forget it

I know but it should be because lets face it we are shite at most things.Naybe they should change the name or like MF says just forget it

Sports personality is over 50yrs old. I've no doubts that when it was first started and for the first 10-20yrs sportsmen and women were mainly people who loved their sports and would have done it for nothing. In todays breed there are too many greedy feckers with egos the size of Mackys drinks bill, and in the main have lost touch with real life.

Zara wins..... at least she's got a decent rack...

Awful result. Nothing against Zara Phillips but i can't believe the average person on the street would have voted for her:102: . Remind me again on what shes done:icon_conf :confused: . Totally fixed imo,

Bloody hell, was this on last night?, I never even seen it advertised anywhere.

I would love to say ZP didn't deserve to win it, but to justify that comment I'd have to come up with a name of somebody who did!!!.

A token gesture from a gimmick awards ceremony. I'm sure she's intelligent enough to realise this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670