Be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

chappyblue

Now that season is out of the way and all the talk of who has gone and who will be coming in, how many of you out there think we will really go up next year come on be honest. I do think CL will do us a good job :roll: .BUT i think it will take time to build that team which will be up there challenging for promotion, maybe 2 to 3 season's. With what he has left from last season and with what he is looking at already (most of which i have been told are crap from there own fans) I would say it will be pretty much the same again. :smt022 Now be honest say what you think, not what you hope. :smt023

i think that with the way we played against leeds and derby if we show that kind of commitment the whole season we are top 6 easy, but the downfall to this season was we were split up as a team a few times, CL is building a unit and i think it's going to be a good 1, as for what we are getting in and the fans saying they are crap before we have seen them, isnt that a bit sour grapes and its for us to decide? i think next yr we will be top 6 if we miss out on going up it will be unlucky but fair and lets hope the newer plays dont expect the big time and walk out if we fail at the 2nd time of asking.

chappyblue said:
Now be honest say what you think, not what you hope. :smt023

I think that getting promoted at the end of next season is the worst thing that could happen to us: I hope it doesn't happen!

Since the days of Martin O'Neill, the football club has been slowly wrecked. What is needed is for it slowly to be rebuilt - and I think that is what Craig Levein is setting about doing.

If we look at this season as similar to that of 1990/91, when we came even closer to the drop to 3rd tier football, what we should be looking for is the type of steady improvement that followed Tony James's contribution. Although Brian Little and Mark McGhee quiickly became bete-noire after their departures, they did do the ground work which enabled Martin O'Neill to provide the final floutish and those exciting years when we actually held our own in the Premier League. Perhaps O'Neill could not have done it without Little and McGhee!

A couple of years of mid-table Championship anonimity will do us no harm at all, as long as the rebuilding continues.

So would I up to an extent although I certainly wouldn't turn promotion down.Trouble is not many LCFC fans are as patient as outselves and CL won't be given that time to build a side.If we are not in a challenging position by Christmas then a majority will be calling for his head.

Although Bocadillo does have a point, but I wouldn't turn down promotion either, as long as we approach it the right way like Palace or Norwich have done, not spending a lot, try to battle our way through relegation, managing the finance porperly, then even if we ended up going down again, we wouldn't be forced to sell or wouldn't go bankrupt...

well, that's the idea anyway, but in all honesty, I don't think we will be challenging for promotion next year, whoever CL signs.

i wouldnt turn down promotion either, although i know what boc is saying, you cant pick and choose when things happen, even if we were to get promoted and then relegated at least we would get the parachute payments and then continue to build. Grab it when you can

I hear what you're saying, but we simply cannot afford to remain stuck in this league for any period of time

It would be lovely to take our time and develop a bunch of young players, but if we end up with no coin, then those young players will be cherry-picked one by one and we are back to square one

We simply HAVE to get promoted - and live with all the short termist evils that it brings

And if we do not at least make the play-offs next year then I can guarantee that Levein will be shipped out of here before you can say "Fickle Bonehead", and we will be back to the manager merry-go-round lottery yet again

The way I see it is this. If we finish mid table next season then we will play second fiddle to the Tigers for a while to come.

The forthcoming season is our last season in our own ground. From 2006/07 onwards we will have to share with, in terms of Rugby Union, a massive club.

If we remain in the Championship then we will not challenge them at all and public focus will go to the Tigers.

As people have said, slowly rebuilding the club is a safer option in the current climate and to a certain extent I agree with this. Nevertheless, I feel that gaining promotion to the Premiership might be what our club really needs.

It would provide a massive boost in revenue for the club meaning that our ambitious young manager would have funds available for premiership standard players. Also, public opinion would no doubt be on Leicester City rather than Leicester Tigers.

I want us to go up next year for the plain and simple fact that albeit it gamble in the short term, promotion is what we want and ultimately need.

why would we play second fiddle to the tigers joe? who are they ? what do they do ? i dont know means nothing to me.Im a football fan

Yorkshire Vixen said:
you ought to spread your legs lazzer you might like it

Steady on YV. That's a bit much for this time of day

Drivel :roll:

How can anyone think we'll reach even mid table based on our overall performance this season?
Madness...we need to start punching above our weight again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669