Benjamin leave???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewHei

www.planetfootball wrote;

Rotherham boss Ronnie Moore has revealed his frustration after missing out on a series of transfer targets.

With The Millers struggling at the foot of the Championship table, Moore is desperate to add firepower to his shot-shy attack.

However, bringing the right player to the club is proving a real difficulty.

"We had Neil Shipperley and Dougie Freedman watched at Crystal Palace in midweek, but they both had a clause in their contract that said if they went to The Premiership, their wages would be doubled so we can't even pay their tax compared to what our highest earner is getting,'' Moore told the club's official website.

"I spoke to Millwall's Neil Harris at our hotel on Tuesday with permission from the club.

''He had been told he could come out on a free but that has now changed and they want a fee.

''We were close to getting Leicester's Trevor Benjamin, he would have given us a bit of pace. We thought the deal would be done earlier this week but he was on the bench for Leicester in midweek.''

What is going on????

i never thought id say this but i would be GUTTED if trev was sold - last time in this division he scored goals for us and id much rather hav him in the squad than blake, trev will at least put in some work and make his presence felt on the pitch

I have to agree - although I feel tricky hasn't realised his true potential he always gives 100% and for this alone imo is worth at least a place on the subs bench

Hopefully we can send em Blake instead of Benji but I wouldnt be surprised to see him move on, he must be fustrated scores the winner vs the sheep and still couldnt get a start MA preferring to play someone who is shit, lazy and welsh ! Cant blame him if he did leave but it may free up some funds for MA to go get a decent back up striker who can put real pressure on Connelly and Dublin.

We already have better players than blake so more cash would makle no difference to MA's team selection. If we signed Roonie the twat would still play blake

Save our club

We have plenty of strikers now. It wouldnt bother me if both Trev and Blake moved on as we have Tommy Wright who is itching for a chance, Scowcroft who can play there if needed and the other youngsters who are coming through. We can certainly afford to lose 1 anyway.

chrislcfc18 said:
We have plenty of strikers now. It wouldnt bother me if both Trev and Blake moved on as we have Tommy Wright who is itching for a chance, Scowcroft who can play there if needed and the other youngsters who are coming through. We can certainly afford to lose 1 anyway.

Then of course is blake, not benjamin!!!!!

another thing bout gettin rid of benjamin - the clubs invested an awful lot in him in terms of wages and transfer fee, at this level at least hes IMO got the ability to repay some of that investment so why try and offload him

Because he is not looked upon as a prolific striker. Granted he has not had much of a chance. But he has always been a backup here especially after Peter Taylor left. In fact the only reason he hasnt insisted on moving on is because of his wages.

I know he always gives 100% every time he comes on but to me he never looks as though he will score. May as well offload him save on the wages.

Im confused as to why Benji being on the bench for us "in midweek" would affect them signing him if we wante to get rid?

Although not on the subs bench Trev was at our game today.

If he was sold it would be a massive wage saving which could say fund the loan wages of 3/4 players.

So say Harper, sign Gemmill for the season + more

According to reports in newspapers this morning, Trevor Benjamin is on the verge of joining Watford on loan for the rest of the season.

Last time in this division. Trev, scored 10 goals for us.
When did Blake score ten goals a season.
When did blake run ten times a match
When did blake kick the ball ten times a match

Someone help me understand, I am confused and need help

Nottingham Fox said:
According to reports in newspapers this morning, Trevor Benjamin is on the verge of joining Watford on loan for the rest of the season.

WHAT!! This could seriously be the final straw for Adams now! He can't see the wood for the bloody trees!!

Seeing as he was signed in the Taylor era, Benji is probably on fairly big wages, and him going out on loan could give us enough money to bring in 1 or 2 players on loan ourselves. If Micky is going to bring someone in on loan (maybe another striker, who can actually score) then it's a good decision. If he doesn't plan on getting anyone else in then letting Benji go on loan for the season is stupid.

Come to think of it it might be to fund getting another keeper in on loan. If walkers injury doesn't pick up after this break he will need an op on it which will keep him out for most of the season!

Just because he goes out on loan, doesn't mean we won't still pay some of his wages. Watford are above us at the moment anyway, won away at Millwall, more than we could do. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566