Best in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it?

Why was he there, standing between the police and the (some of) rioters? I can't believe they didn't tell him to move out of the way, only audio will prove/disprove this.

If they did tell him and he didn't move then, well i'm sorry but he deserved to be shoved out of the way.

What would you suggest the police should have done if we accept that they had asked him to move? If they didn't then it's a completely different kettle of fish.

Having said all that, still a terrible shame the guy died.
he was 'moving on'.maybe he should have sprinted but if you are minutes away from a heart attack i doubt you feel that pucker

Last edited:
He was being a lairy twat walking across them, but still maybe a stern word word would have been suffice.

Last edited:
hard to reckon without audio, but, ffs innocent or not why **** about with riot police? And knowing about the demos he hardly picked a clever route home, if indeed that was true...
the OB, knowing that it was likely they were being filmed must have given some warning.

Hardly a surprise to see that the grauniad had the film....

In what is going from your place of work to your home "****(-ing) about with riot police"? :102:

He was being a lairy twat walking across them, but still maybe a stern word word would have been suffice.

according to an eye witness he was seen staggering about and smelt of booze so maybe the police thought he was going to cause some bother hence their reaction :102:

it seems anything goes nowadays and the police are only answerable to the police,they all piss in the same pot,the bloke will get his are slapped and allowed to continue with his job.

according to an eye witness he was seen staggering about and smelt of booze so maybe the police thought he was going to cause some bother hence their reaction :102:
yeah because he looks like he's primed for attack,did he actually face the police..maybe he looked at one of them in a funny way the vicious bastard.would one of them going over and leading him away not have been a better course of action:102:

exactly,if he was mouthing off etc then he deserved it but he had his hands in his pockets with his back to them and was walking away from there,i find it staggerring how anyone can defend the actions of the police officer.he wasn't standing betweenthe rioters and the police he as walking away from them.how exactly was he '****ing about with the police' ?:icon_conf

The thing to remember here is that he is a 'Police Officer' and as such is not to be expected to live by the same rules and regs as human beings. It would be unfair for those who enforce the law to abide by it themselves, they are too busy making sure everyone else is.

A man with his hands in his pockets is one of the most dangerous animals on the planet, be carefull out there HF. Luckily you have these stand up members of our amazing police force to bring these dangerous feckers to justice.

I must remember to take trousers with no pockets down to London with me in May.

yeah because he looks like he's primed for attack,did he actually face the police..maybe he looked at one of them in a funny way the vicious bastard.would one of them going over and leading him away not have been a better course of action:102:

he mightve had a knife in his pocket or something to cause harm to the officer and he wasnt going to take that chance :102:

im playing devils advocate here

He'd been working all day, so even if he had had a quick beer it is unlikely he was drunk. Also how exactly can an unarmed chap walking home cause any sort of bother to riot police who are wearing the latest riot gear. If he had caused bother they should have arrested him. Thinking he might cause bother is not a legal reason to assault him from behind,

Last edited:
Maybe the copper had been having objects thrown at him all day and was in no mood for making allowances. I know that if I came out of work and that was going on I would get the **** out of Dodge and quick. As far as body language goes, turning your back and slowly walking away is more antagonising than it is deflective of any aggression. He would have been better facing them and showing his hands.

he mightve had a knife in his pocket or something to cause harm to the officer and he wasnt going to take that chance :102:

yeah like the guy had a bomb in his rucksack on that tube train.it was a total over reaction by the police officer yet again but its not surprising anymore

How about all the people that where there when t happened i am sure one of them heard what he and the police where saying :102:

Yea his name is PC ****flaps and what he says in court is whiter than white, them hippies will not be listened to over good old ****flaps.

He'd been working all day, so even if he had had a quick beer it is unlikely he was drunk. Also how exactly can an unarmed chap walking home cause any sort of bother to riot police who are wearing the latest riot gear. If he had caused bother they should have arrested him. Thinking he might cause bother is not a legal reason to assault him from behind,

true but maybe the police didnt know he was unarmed he couldve had something in his pocket afterall they were protestors and i bet some were armed and the police wouldnt be able to rule him out for being unarmed :102::102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669