• 08/09 - straight back up from League One

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 13/14 - record breaking Nige

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • 23/24 - not quite record breaking Enzo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

glyn

Ran a worst relegation season poll last season so here goes. Six since I started supporting but I am throwing in 82/83 as well as I was aware of it and became a glory hunting LCFC fan when we got promoted that year…

Every one of them !!!
Thank you Leicester City.

I’m told we now have the record for promotions from division two.

When I grew up we were always known as the ultimate yo-yo club.

Now to get the record 8th second tier title.

Claridge & Kalac for me. I was there sat next to someone from St Ives. Which was a bit strange (less than 15 miles from where im from). My cousin was at uni in Brighton at the time. So I came up for the long weekend. It was a wonderful drunken weekend with plenty to celebrate.

It's been a great job from Enzo to pick us up after such a bad relegation but I think big Nige's team would have the edge over this one.

Saying that though, when you go through it man for man, it's hard to pick any of those players over the current ones, apart from Kasper.

I only remember the last four.

Getting back to the big time after 10 years in the wilderness and having to watch Andy Johnson, Jason Jarrett, Gabor Bori, Carl Cort, Elvis Hammond and Mark De Vries does it for me.

And 102 points to boot.

I’m told we now have the record for promotions from division two.

When I grew up we were always known as the ultimate yo-yo club.

Now to get the record 8th second tier title.
I don't know about number of promotions, but we currently hold the joint-top number of second tier championships - seven alongside Manchester City. We should be able to get sole ownership of that record of the next week and a half

I can’t imagine being one of those stasis, limbo clubs. There’s always something going on, for better or for worse.

I was keeping my wife updated on tonight’s goings on and she asked if the game was finished and if I was happy. I think she wanted to know why I wasn’t pounding the floor and crying like when we won the FA Cup. It’s a bit different, somewhat less emotional.

I’m still angry about the damage that’s been done to the club but this heals some of the scars. It’s been an odd season. I have no idea what the squad will look like in August and that’s intriguing in its own Leicester City kind of a way.

I don’t know why I do these polls as I can’t decide myself. Every one of these is so special.

I think for best promotion moment it would be 94 and beating Derby at Wembley after the previous two finals to finally get into the PL

But my question was best “season” and that has to be Nige, Vardy, Nugent, Kingy and 102 pts. I still remember Vardy’s goal at QPR which is the moment I realised what he was all about and the quality of the 2-0 win against Burnley, and being at the KP to see one of Mahrez’s first goals for us during our long unbeaten run.

Was emotionally exhausted at the end of that match.

That 11 was so cobbled together. Hard to believe that 11 was ever put in the same side.

Willis was immense!
It was almost the same 11 we put out in a league cup match earlier in the season IIRC. Twas astonishing

But the scrappy job we did of getting up is why I didn’t put it down as best “season”

Cheltenham away was hilarious.

Cheltenham at home was beautiful too. Them doing a conga up and down the stairs and both sets of fans declared love for each other. Leyton Orient away will take some beating for a smashing bunch of days out too.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663