Biggest Crowd of the season v Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

fludie

Peanut Thief
Foxes Set For Bumper Crowd

Leicester City today confirmed that they look set to be playing in front of their biggest crowd of the season when Wolves come to town on Sunday (1pm).

The Foxes revealed at 9am on Friday morning that they had sold 28,000 tickets fixture to date - with fans snapping up an average of 1,000 tickets per day during the run up to the game.

And Club officials are confident that the 30,457 figure that was recorded for the visit of Barnsley last December will be soundly beaten for what will be the final encounter of the campaign.

A City spokesman said: "It looks at the moment that we will have close to a full house inside the stadium for the game against Wolves, which is a tremendous effort from our supporters.

"We would now urge anyone who hasn't already secured a ticket for the game to do so at the earliest possible opportunity to avoid congestion on the day of the game."

The Walkers Stadium ticket office will be open between the hours of 9am-1pm on Saturday, before opening its doors again at 9am on the day of the game.

Fans will also be able to cheer on Alan Birchenall ahead of the match as he looks to raise a record amount for the Ruby Rainbows appeal.

Birch said: "It would be fantastic to see some real colour inside the stadium on the day, so get out those flags and banners."

Tickets for the game are currently on general sale.

So it is going to be full of bloody 'Westsiders' with their cousins that are also their spouse. :icon_lol:

I don't mind if the Wolves fans sit in our end - as along as there is no trouble - they are paying for a seat what would otherwise be unused.

No, they are paying for a seat that is no longer available for a city fan, fairweather fan or not!

I don't mind if the Wolves fans sit in our end - as along as there is no trouble - they are paying for a seat what would otherwise be unused.

You won't be saying that if there is trouble and the club gets a fine.

It is illegal for an away fan to sit in any part of the ground not designated for away fans. You must have seen it leading to confrontation at the Walkers in the past - and I am sure that it will again tomorrow. This is distracting for the players and for those who are trying to watch the match. I don't think it should be condoned.

Last edited:
fairweather fan or not!

expecting many people either with west accents or that couldn't name half of city's players tomorrow. ffs, its not like we've won the league or anything

expecting many people either with west accents or that couldn't name half of city's players tomorrow. ffs, its not like we've won the league or anything

I'd much sooner have a load of fairweather city fans, who, might just come down more often if they like what they see, rather than a whole bunch of away fans who won't be back until the same match next season.

I'd much sooner have a load of fairweather city fans, who, might just come down more often if they like what they see, rather than a whole bunch of away fans who won't be back until the same match next season.

personally i think if we can't sell our own tickets they should go to the away fans, just put more in that corner. if i was a wolves fan i'd be pissed off at missing possibly the most important game of the season just because that end sold out while the home one just wouldn't if there wasnt wolves fans in there

personally i think if we can't sell our own tickets they should go to the away fans, just put more in that corner. if i was a wolves fan i'd be pissed off at missing possibly the most important game of the season just because that end sold out while the home one just wouldn't if there wasnt wolves fans in there

Don't disagree with the sentiment but Wolves would not give us any more tickets if it was the other way round mainly due to the same reasons we have refused those being security issues, existing season tickets and family stand segregation etc.

Yes potentially there will now be security issues throughout the stadium if our ticket office are stupid enough to send tickets to WV postcodes however the fact remains that you should not be allowed in home fan areas ......it's exactly the same at Dingleland and you would be turfed out by the police or stewards immediately assuming they managed to get to you before their lovely fans had kicked the living sh*t out of you !

Rules are rules otherwise where would we be, yes, France.

Don't disagree with the sentiment but Wolves would not give us any more tickets if it was the other way round mainly due to the same reasons we have refused those being security issues, existing season tickets and family stand segregation etc.

Yes potentially there will now be security issues throughout the stadium if our ticket office are stupid enough to send tickets to WV postcodes however the fact remains that you should not be allowed in home fan areas ......it's exactly the same at Dingleland and you would be turfed out by the police or stewards immediately assuming they managed to get to you before their lovely fans had kicked the living sh*t out of you !

Rules are rules otherwise where would we be, yes, France.

i'm sure that our fans would quite happily kick their fans too. but being reasonable they could have forseen that this game being quite close and a big game for wolves' season they could have put enough effort into safety arrangements. teams allocate much much more tickets to away fans than we have to wolves and the idea that any more would be unsafe is a pathetic excuse from ourselves, we think we still have the crowds we had in the the only premiership season at the walkers but we don't, and should stop planning for that

i'm sure that our fans would quite happily kick their fans too. but being reasonable they could have forseen that this game being quite close and a big game for wolves' season they could have put enough effort into safety arrangements. teams allocate much much more tickets to away fans than we have to wolves and the idea that any more would be unsafe is a pathetic excuse from ourselves, we think we still have the crowds we had in the the only premiership season at the walkers but we don't, and should stop planning for that

i couldnt give a **** if it's a big day for wolves, why the feck should leicester city care about that.

i couldnt give a **** if it's a big day for wolves, why the feck should leicester city care about that.

its a safer option than having their fans in our end. if i'm sitting next to one i may end up out of character like

You won't be saying that if there is trouble and the club gets a fine.

It is illegal for an away fan to sit in any part of the ground not designated for away fans. You must have seen it leading to confrontation at the Walkers in the past - and I am sure that it will again tomorrow. This is distracting for the players and for those who are trying to watch the match. I don't think it should be condoned.

I never had an issue as such. If you ask me, City are fools for not either opening up another part of the ground for Wolves to collective sit (the corner between the Family Stand and the posh bits).

I have sat in the home end at Man City - we won 3-0.

I never had an issue as such. If you ask me, City are fools for not either opening up another part of the ground for Wolves to collective sit (the corner between the Family Stand and the posh bits).

I have sat in the home end at Man City - we won 3-0.

why should they give them more tickets? the game is nearly sold out.

its a safer option than having their fans in our end. if i'm sitting next to one i may end up out of character like
There were a lot of Wolves fans in the Corp hospitality section but judging from the number of people who stood up and cheered the wolves goals there were quite a few spread around other parts of the West stand too. One Leicester fan near me looked like he might be about to act "out of character", but by their 3rd goal he seemed to have decided he didn't give a damn after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669