Birmingham FC raided in corruption probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7304692.stm

Club raided in corruption probe

Police investigating corruption within professional football have raided a Premier League club.

Officers swooped at Birmingham City FC earlier, a spokeswoman for City of London Police said.

She said it was part of an "ongoing investigation into football corruption".

The club said the inquiry concerned "an unconnected third party or third parties" and it was co-operating with the police investigation.

It said no-one connected with the club had been questioned or arrested.

How long before the BMs start listing their players that could "do a job for us"

Could it be that they are investigating the sale of Clemence to us? After all he was sold as a footballer. Corruption in my book......:102:

More than likely they were investigating our accounts and saw we had falsified our books by saying we have, or are soon to have paid Birmingham 2.1mill for DJ Campbell.

Could it be that they are investigating the sale of Clemence to us? After all he was sold as a footballer. Corruption in my book......:102:

I would say that you might not be too far from the truth there. In my opinion it could be linked to our case, after all, we have had a lot of dealings with Birmingham this year...

That is just a big dollop of speculation on my part though.

or they are looking into MM and his involvement in buying DJ and Clemence, before locking him up......:102:

I suspect the N'Gotty deal would see a nice slice to the agent.

carrot%20cake%20slice.jpg

Scandalous!!!

James McFadden could do a job for us........

:icon_wink

Nothing will happen, it will die down the same as it did with Harry and MM

Whatever MM says in public, I would be pretty sure that he will be happier when it really has died down. He is at present on bail and has to answer to bail in about a month's time.

It's something that we should all be worried about. The allegations in his case also relate to money-laundering and the true figure that MM paid to agents seems to be very unclear. We already know all about the ability (or lack of it) of many of the players that were brought to the club over last summer - surely we didn't sign them for that! So why were they signed? There must have been a reason.

Whatever MM says in public, I would be pretty sure that he will be happier when it really has died down. He is at present on bail and has to answer to bail in about a month's time.

It's something that we should all be worried about. The allegations in his case also relate to money-laundering and the true figure that MM paid to agents seems to be very unclear. We already know all about the ability (or lack of it) of many of the players that were brought to the club over last summer - surely we didn't sign them for that! So why were they signed? There must have been a reason.

Not to mention the sharp disappearing act Don 'I can spot a nugget' Mackay did...

Have said this before, were someone to be involved in money laundering, football makes it so easy. Who knows why footballers are valued, if a shite foreign footballer is transferred for a large sum, the agent that found the gem is also paid, then no-one questions why he is incapable of kicking a ball.

hmmm good job non of you lot are coppers, we have gone from a seemingly unrelated report on the bbc to having mm locked up with the key well and truely thrown away in 17 posts!

Least Surprising Sentence Of The Day
'It is understood that the transfer of Aliou Cissé from Birmingham to Portsmouth in 2004, handled by Willie McKay, the agent, is allegedly at the centre of the visit to St Andrew's carried out by the City of London Police' - The Times

.......and the transfer involved Portsmouth........now who was Pompey's chairman at the time.....it'll come to me in a minute....:icon_wink:icon_wink

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670