Pre Match Birmingham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play Cannon. Let's see what he can do. We know what the other two offer us.
in the last two games with Daka up-front we’ve scored 7 goals, 2 of which were form him and one assisted by him. But we should drop him.

Yeah, definitely no agenda there.

in the last two games with Daka up-front we’ve scored 7 goals, 2 of which were form him and one assisted by him. But we should drop him.

MR YAKUBU!!!!

Daka should be first name on teamsheet at the moment. 2 goals and an assist and we’ve looked significantly more dangerous since he came into the side. His movement has been excellent and he takes up good positions.

Alan Young when he did co comms on RL insisted on calling him ‘Mr Yakubu’

I seem to remember there being a slight…. ‘undertone’ to a lot of his comments if you get me.

There was also the frequent complaint from certain fans that Yakubu didn't bring anything to the team apart from his scoring of goals, as if there were somehow a problem. Since Daka seems to be doing that bit too, I did wonder if there was a reference there

It's almost as of people haven't learned their lessons with Musa, Slimani, and Iheanacho.....

Daka should be first name on teamsheet at the moment. 2 goals and an assist and we’ve looked significantly more dangerous since he came into the side. His movement has been excellent and he takes up good positions.
In both of those performances we made tactical changes at HT. We pushed Ricardo much further up and that offered us far more pace up front. That was the reason we were better.

I'm not saying his goals haven't been a bonus, they have but it's that age old bollocks from so many supporters on here; he's had a decent-ish game against one side and in another, scored despite being completely rubbish for most of the 75 minutes he was in the pitch and now those two goals mean that the three years of complete horseshit we've had from him since he joined us now never existed.

I'm not as easily taken in by it. People were pissing their pants about how awesome Iheanacho would be in this league because he can sometimes have a decent run of 2 or 3 games. How quickly all those ****ing awful performances were forgotten.... well, turns out, he's still a bit shit, like he nearly always was in the past.

If it's okay, I'll continue to want to see more than two goals and two ****ing terrible misses before I disregard 3 years of complete ineptitude. Despite the utter ****ing wibble from some, I'd love him to suddenly become a footballer; that would be a huge lift for us, but I'm not going to start pinning any hopes on him.

Like I say, we brought Cannon in because we needed to improve our options. Now he's fit, we should see what he's capable of.

Wilf was lambasted from pillar to post by many, not too long ago.

Under Enzo, he is a rejuvenated player.

[Also, Vesty.]

So why don’t you give Daka a chance?

In both of those performances we made tactical changes at HT. We pushed Ricardo much further up and that offered us far more pace up front. That was the reason we were better.

I'm not saying his goals haven't been a bonus, they have but it's that age old bollocks from so many supporters on here; he's had a decent-ish game against one side and in another, scored despite being completely rubbish for most of the 75 minutes he was in the pitch and now those two goals mean that the three years of complete horseshit we've had from him since he joined us now never existed.

I'm not as easily taken in by it. People were pissing their pants about how awesome Iheanacho would be in this league because he can sometimes have a decent run of 2 or 3 games. How quickly all those ****ing awful performances were forgotten.... well, turns out, he's still a bit shit, like he nearly always was in the past.

If it's okay, I'll continue to want to see more than two goals and two ****ing terrible misses before I disregard 3 years of complete ineptitude. Despite the utter ****ing wibble from some, I'd love him to suddenly become a footballer; that would be a huge lift for us, but I'm not going to start pinning any hopes on him.

Like I say, we brought Cannon in because we needed to improve our options. Now he's fit, we should see what he's capable of.
I just said Daka should play ffs.

Wilf was lambasted from pillar to post by many, not too long ago.

Under Enzo, he is a rejuvenated player.

[Also, Vesty.]

So why don’t you give Daka a chance?
Ndidi had money in the bank. We already knew there was a great player in there and it had all gone to shit under Rogers. I never criticised Vestergaard like many others did. I said on numerous occasions he was a good player in the wrong system. Again, he had money in the bank after some excellent performances for Southampton. The situations are completely incomparable. A much better comparison would be with Iheanacho. The number of false dawns we've seen with him is staggering and yet people are still desperate to believe there is a great player in there everytime he so much as makes one decent pass in a game; there isn't.

Daka has had three years. He's been ****ing useless for nearly all of them. It's got nothing to do with 'giving him a chance'. If he gets a lot better and proves he can do a job then great, if he continues to be useless or hugely inconsistent then I'll continue to criticise him.

The **** is Alves not getting a game?
I would really like to see him get on the pitch soon to be fair. Maybe give him some minutes while Ndidi is away and then a loan for the rest of the season.

I would really like to see him get on the pitch soon to be fair. Maybe give him some minutes while Ndidi is away and then a loan for the rest of the season.
Yep. He looks fantastic and he's worked his absolute cahones off to get fit again. He should absolutely be given time with the first team.

First name on the teamsheet..... that's what you said. Come on now, if you're going to suggest I am being hyperbolic in my response then let's equal the stakes.

Daka hasn't had a clear run at being our main striker. That's what a lot of us would like to see.

Rodgers ripped his confidence to shreds in his first season with us. The way he treated him was appalling. The striker we signed was very quick and a confident first time finisher. As Rodgers kept him out of the side or publically criticised him, his first time shooting stopped and the runs became more basic.

Daka's record with Saltzburg and Zambia is one goal in two. He's scored 9 goals in 8 international appearances in 2023. That does suggest that there is a player there worth giving a proper chance.

Last season he was told he wasn't needed and we touted him around Europe without anyone agreeing to our loan or permanent transfer terms. Again, Rodgers treated him like a leper.

He was again told this summer that he wasn't wanted and we tried to get rid. He had a loan deal to Bournemouth collapse last minute of the transfer window. It's a wonder his brain is still functioning and yet his attitude has reportedly been outstanding. It was really notable how the players reacted to his goal against Plymouth. They were all thrilled for him.

Daka has started 40 games for us and scored 17 goals. He's been used as a substitute way too often - 38 times. Oh, and he's not been here three years, this is his third season and, for him, it has only just begun.

You often criticise Iheanacho for the same thing you do Daka - he misses chances. Well that's what strikers do. Every striker misses more chances than they score. If we give him a run of starts and support him then we might finally get to see him believe he can be the striker for City he wants to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566