Pre Match Blackpool (Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

My bitterness has largely subsided towards Holloway now, so it's not as big a game as it was 2 years ago. Would still be great to do the double over them again though.

Last edited:
2-0 Leicester

I think a win for us is really important against Blackpool. In an interview recently, Wellens alluded to the fact that the KP Stadium isn't really a fortress any more and we need to change that quickly if we want to mount any kind of promotion challenge this season. I think if we start to put together a string of wins at home and make it a difficult place to come, we'll soon start to secure our position in the playoffs and perhaps make up some ground on the top two. As long as we try our best to stay unbeaten away from home as well, we'll have our season well and truly back on track before long.

I'd really like to see us put Blackpool to the sword, let's hope the fans get behind the team from the first minute and give Holloway and his boys plenty of stick -hopefully the team will give us something to cheer about during the match...

I know it's only November, but...

If we win, we'll almost certainly go into the top 6. The only teams that could stop us are Hull and Brighton, and both would need very unlikely results for it to happen.

So we're bound to lose.

:icon_lol:

I know it's only November, but...

If we win, we'll almost certainly go into the top 6. The only teams that could stop us are Hull and Brighton, and both would need very unlikely results for it to happen.

So we're bound to lose.

From what I remember when we played Blackpool under NP before and from watching the Hull vs Blackpool game on the telly at the start of this seaason they were all dour affairs. I'm expecting it to be a 1-0 or 2-1 one way or the other.

From what I remember when we played Blackpool under NP before and from watching the Hull vs Blackpool game on the telly at the start of this seaason they were all dour affairs. I'm expecting it to be a 1-0 or 2-1 one way or the other.

I haven't really seen much of Blackpool this season, or last season in the Prem, but I thought Holloway had changed his footballing philosophy to a far more attacking one? Surely that'd be conducive to attractive football?

Happy to bow down to your superior knowledge though, like I say - I haven't seen them for ages anyway.

Living in Blackpool, Leicester need to win this otherwise life will not be worth living! But because we can go into the play-offs we'll lose :icon_roll i'll go 3-1 kackpool :-(

Last edited:
2-0 Leicester win. I think Nige might make a couple of changes to the starting lineup too.

Last edited:

Our 3-2 victory at their gaff was held as one of the games of that season. The FLS were all over it off memory.

I seem to remember us being pretty good against blackpool under NP. So much so that I was convinced we'd win the play-off final [that never was] against them.

A MUST WIN for us BLACKPOOL FOXES not just for financial personal gain/bragging rights but to get us in that top 6 where i believe we will be hard to shift.My sources tell me they are a very average team and i will be annoyed if we cant beat them, im going 3-1 Beckford Nugent King..massive game for us living up here!!, dont let us down boys.

I seem to remember us being pretty good against blackpool under NP. So much so that I was convinced we'd win the play-off final [that never was] against them.

I feel literally exactly the same as this. I can remember thinking that we were unlucky not to draw them, having been the only team in the playoff positions to have done the double over them. I f i remember correctly, Dany N'guessan scored 2 89th minute goals to win both games that season.

In his first two games Nigel went for a midfield that knew the kind of play he wanted. I do not believe that it was his most talented midfield and it may be time to see how Fernandes or Johnson do under 4-4-2. The back four have done well under Nigel but I would pick Bamba over St Ledger on the simple grounds that I think he is easily our best defender.

In his first two games Nigel went for a midfield that knew the kind of play he wanted. I do not believe that it was his most talented midfield .

Interestingly that Wellens put in probably the best individual shift I've seen off a City player all season on Saturday. King's performance against Palace not far behind. Also, Danns looked considerably better towards the end playing an attacking midfield role.

My question mark would be about Dyer whose end product was throughly poor against Pompey.

I suspect we will play 4-3-3 tomorrow evening. Gally/Nugent/Beckford as the three upfront with Wellens, King and Danns in midfield.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this question, but is there any suggestion that the tragic news about Gary Speed might jeapordise Kingy's participation in this game. I have no idea how close the two were, and it seems unlikely that Kingy wouldn't play because of it, but I thought someone might know better than I do.

For the record, I'm going 1-1, Beckford with the goal.

That was Swansea with one in Cup and one on opening day.

Blackpool was 2-1 at home thanks to Fryatt and 3-2 away, where we were 3-1 up.
It was 2-1 away, having been 2-0 up. N'Guessan first half, Dyer second half. I think Dobbie scored theirs. Adam got booked for diving in the box shortly afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669