Blatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKFox

Sepp you have finally lost the plot completely.
Wiping clean a racist slur with a hand shake?
Do you really expect the likes of Terry to want to touch a nig-nog?

I've heard Rio Ferdinand is getting him a gollywog for Xmas

Why isn't there any system in place to remove this arsehole from his position? I've heard people saying he should step down, but IMO it shouldn't be his choice. He's dragged the name of football through the mud over the last few years with allegations of corruption surrounding the world cup bids, the homophobic comments he made in Qatar and now this... He's like a bloody 70's throwback. The whole of the organisation is completely out of date and needs a complete shake up from the top down, starting with Blatter; cut off the head of the snake and the body will die.

Is Sepp Blatter really an alien?

Certainly he is stupid enough, but there doesn't seem to be a mention of any aversion to equality.

Last edited:
Why isn't there any system in place to remove this arsehole from his position?

There is. It's called an election and it takes place every four or five years. The last election was only 5 months ago when he was returned unopposed. It's not Blatter that needs sorting, it's FIFA - the whole of world football.

The only thing I've learned from the whole thing is that Mark Bright is a grade-A prat.

"White people" this and "white people" that. Prat.

There is. It's called an election and it takes place every four or five years. The last election was only 5 months ago when he was returned unopposed. It's not Blatter that needs sorting, it's FIFA - the whole of world football.

And what a farce that was. The only person who was possibly going to oppose him was supposedly dodgy himself.

Last edited:
Mohammed bin Hammam was the person involved and he ended up being banned for life from Football.:icon_eek:
See below>>>
In an interview with The Guardian, Mohammed bin Hammam stated he might run against the incumbent president Sepp Blatter for the presidency of FIFA which will be decided during the 61st FIFA Congress between 31st May and 1st June 2011. He told the Guardian: "People have to try change. Change is good." Bin Hammam said that Blatter was "an experienced person, he has made significant contribution to football worldwide but I believe there is a time limit for everything. There is now a time for a new face and a new heir."Bin Hammam had supported Blatter's 1998 and 2002 presidential campaigns but admitted that he had fallen out with Blatter over issues within the FIFA Executive Committee. In August 2010 Bin Hamman had vowed not to run against Blatter saying that "I will be backing him to remain in office for a new mandate. He is my very good friend".

Following the 10 May 2011 meeting of the CFU, the Bahamas Football Association officially reported allegations of attempted bribery at the meeting to Chuck Blazer a FIFA Executive Committee member and General Secretary of CONCACAF. Blazer initiated an official investigation.As a result of the investigations preliminary findings, Bin Hammam was charged with offering bribes for votes and appeared before FIFA's ethics committee on the 29th May. Bin Hammam withdrew from the presidential race the day before the ethics committee meeting, leaving Blatter to run unopposed.

On 29 May 2011, FIFA's ethics committee suspended Bin Hammam and Jack Warner temporarily from all football-related activity pending the outcome of a full inquiry into accusations that they offered financial incentives to members of the Caribbean Football Union. Bin Hammam said that he would appeal against the committees decision to previsionally ban him from football related activity, saying that "The way these proceedings have been conducted is not compliant with any principles of justice." He also issued a statement calling for his reinstatement as well as responding to the claims in detail.

On 23 July 2011, Bin Hammam was banned for life from all football activities by a five-member panel of the FIFA Ethics committee chaired by Petrus Damaseb. The committee found that his actions violated the organization' ethics rules after studying the reports of investigators and hearing the testimony of witnesses from the May 2011 meeting who were also cross examined by Bin Hammam's legal representatives.Bin Hammam appealed against his ban, his appeal was rejected by the FIFA Appeal Committee.

Last edited:
The only thing I've learned from the whole thing is that Mark Bright is a grade-A prat.

"White people" this and "white people" that. Prat.

This is what Mark Bright Tweeted when the whole Terry - Bridge thing kicked off:

"Chelsea wherever u may b Don't leave ur wife with john terry"

and

"Cappello told Bridgy I've spoken to JT and he's lost the armband, can you have a look under the bed pls."

I know this is a world away from racism, but it is just as disrespectful. If you expect to be treated with respect, you should know how to show it.

Gus Poyet has chipped in with some bollocks -

""You cannot accuse people without a proper investigation, especially when it's a foreigner who is coming from a different place where we treat people of colour in a different way."

So if you come from a racist place, being a racist does not mean you are a racist?

"South African Fifa committee member Tokyo Sexwale says it is ''completely unthinkable'' to refer to Sepp Blatter as a racist."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15788846

Looks like he's wheeled out a black person from FIFA to back him up. It's like the equivilant of saying "How can I be racist? Some of my best friends are black!"

Besides, I don't think anyone is actually accusing Blatter of being racist - the comments he made weren't racist, they were dismissive of racism as a problem. Blatter may not be racist, but he obviously doesn't understand the effect that racism has on people and he obviously doesn't believe that the use of racial epithets on and off the pitch are a big deal. His ignorance is the problem. It's truly astonishing.

Gus Poyet has chipped in with some bollocks -

""You cannot accuse people without a proper investigation, especially when it's a foreigner who is coming from a different place where we treat people of colour in a different way."

So if you come from a racist place, being a racist does not mean you are a racist?

That was about Suarez by the way. He also goes on to say "You are not racist when you go against one, but you are if you go against the whole world of different colour and nationalities. That is being racist, not saying one word in one moment,"

Explains the large number of Nazis in Uruguay after the war. :icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570