Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that we may lose GM will render LCFC an absolute laughing stock.

Who the feck would come in next?

I am not quite sure why Megson leaving would make City appear foolish: if Milan were to fire him, the I would agree but, should Megson walk, we are the injured party and it would be his trustworthiness which would be in question.

:038: Sums it up perfectly. Another embarrassing episode. Megson by not coming out and commiting his future to the club has made his position untenable with Milan and the fans, if he wants out then let the fecker go. I actually think that Milan is holding out for a decent compensation package.

I think you may be about right.

In the normal way of things, Megson's position should be untenable given his failure to commit himself to a job he took on only a few weeks ago.

In the normal way of things, Milan would dismiss him at this point.

However, these are not normal times and Milan may be too worried about the perceptions of the club - i.e. as being a 'no no' to be minded to let him go.

In my opinion it is usually best to take the longer term view and that means that Megson has to go now in the interests of the longer term credibility of Leicester City. He is no super manager and it should be possible to bring in someone of at least similar calibre.

Some people are assuming that Taggart could replace him - but there is a real chance that he would up it with Megson.

I just wonder if this isn't an opportunity for Milan to use his contacts (assuming he has them) to bring in a 'senior' figure to steer the club for the rest of the season.

I think you may be about right.

Some people are assuming that Taggart could replace him - but there is a real chance that he would up it with Megson.

I doubt that he was only appointed as a PR stunt to sooth over the fans. Megson's only worked with him for a month. I don't think he would see Taggart as indispensable.

I doubt that he was only appointed as a PR stunt to sooth over the fans. Megson's only worked with him for a month. I don't think he would see Taggart as indispensable.

But Taggart's a former Bolton player, he could be taken on by them for the same reason he came to us. Taggart might prefer that rather than have a temporary caretaker role here.

I understand all that but........just as Taggart was brought in as a "PR stunt" at Leicester, couldn't the same situation apply at Bolton?

Look, I don't suppose Bolton fans are wildly enthused about the potential appointment of Megson - whereas Taggart is a former Bolton favourite.

Just a thought....either way Taggart looks (for the moment) to be in a useful position.

Surely tonights Moan In will provide ample opportunity for the "journalists" and I use that term loosely to try and get to the bottom of what the feck is going on.

Surely tonights Moan In will provide ample opportunity for the "journalists" and I use that term loosely to try and get to the bottom of what the feck is going on.

Milans on now

Did anyone hear Megson on Sky earlier? Wants to manage in the Prem,but with Leicester,blah blah blah.

But more interestingly "I've not been out of the game because I'm no good at managing, but because someone made it their job to keep me out of work"............. :102:

Did anyone hear Megson on Sky earlier? Wants to manage in the Prem,but with Leicester,blah blah blah.

But more interestingly "I've not been out of the game because I'm no good at managing, but because someone made it their job to keep me out of work"............. :102:

Forests chairman!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670