Bournemouth v Leicester FA Cup R5

A really interesting draw. Apart from a 4 game run, they have been shit this season. Depending on who we have left standing after playing dirty Leeds the previous Friday, I would go as strong as possible. Our following game on my 75th birthday is QPR at home , so I would use the normal cup side for that match and do what we did yesterday, bring on the big guns for the second half.

We can’t rely on drawing Championship teams all the way to the final. If we’re going to win this thing we need to be able to beat anyone.

Bring it on.

Not sure how I feel about that as a draw tbh?

Could have been better, could have been worse. I suppose playing a team 12th in the prem could be a barometer as to where we are…

EM picked a reserve team when we went to Anfield in the LC. Sadly, I suspect he'll do the same here and we'll lose lamely.

We have six Championship games between now and then though. If we can be ten points clear of third by the time we get there, maybe he'll give a shit and try.

Bit of a shit draw really - only holds 11,000 so not many tickets will be available. Bet it’s on ****ing telly as well, so probably 8.00 ko on a Monday night, or summat.

It will definitely be a night match, all the games will be. Unlikely to be the Monday though, as Bournemouth play on the Saturday.

Forgot these were all ****ing midweek games

Even shitter draw, then

Unlikely to be the Monday though, as Bournemouth play on the Saturday
...in a game which has already been selected for live TV broadcast.

A really interesting draw. Apart from a 4 game run, they have been shit this season. Depending on who we have left standing after playing dirty Leeds the previous Friday, I would go as strong as possible. Our following game on my 75th birthday is QPR at home , so I would use the normal cup side for that match and do what we did yesterday, bring on the big guns for the second half.
The QPR game is FAR more important. That’s not even a debate. If we ‘rest’ players for either game, it must (and will) be the cup. Doing the opposite would be ludicrous and arrogant to the extreme. Remember how well our first choice team did away against QPR.

Bournemouth are a very good team and will likely beat our cup team. It’s not a foregone conclusion, of course. But we should play Nelson, Stolarczyk, and co. and see how they fare. It’ll be good for their development.

The QPR game is FAR more important. That’s not even a debate. If we ‘rest’ players for either game, it must (and will) be the cup. Doing the opposite would be ludicrous and arrogant to the extreme. Remember how well our first choice team did away against QPR.

Bournemouth are a very good team and will likely beat our cup team. It’s not a foregone conclusion, of course. But we should play Nelson, Stolarczyk, and co. and see how they fare. It’ll be good for their development.

Pah.

Our record against the teams in the bottom half of the Championship is almost perfect - one draw at Sheff Wed, but the rest all won.

We will stroll our way to promotion because most of this league is utter shite. Unless something suddenly goes terribly wrong, we can afford to play our strongest side in the Cup and have a right go at it.

We won't, but we should.

Pah.

Our record against the teams in the bottom half of the Championship is almost perfect - one draw at Sheff Wed, but the rest all won.
When playing a strong side
We will stroll our way to promotion because most of this league is utter shite. Unless something suddenly goes terribly wrong, we can afford to play our strongest side in the Cup and have a right go at it.

We won't, but we should.
Can imagine the meltdown among fans if we leave out the likes of Mads, Vesty, Faes, Ricardo, KDH, Mavididi and more and lose at home to QPR.

Entitled nonsense from you.

Entitled nonsense from you.

Thank you very much darling.

I'm not advocating us playing our reserves in the league. I'm advocating us playing a strong team in the Cup.

Personally, I prefer the Ferguson approach to squad rotation which is to make two or three changes every game and ensure that players get a break every few games. It makes total sense in our situation.

The team we put out yesterday was stupid. If we put anything remotely like that out at Bournemouth we might as well not bother.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463