Match Thread Bournemouth v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
29% possession and incompetent passing.

We've been unlucky so far. We were the better side before the goal and Mahrez was looking for Vardy. I thought Vardy should have done better when he was through on goal.

Sloppy goal to concede and the players visibly slumped when it went in. We really need to get the first goal at the moment for our confidence.

For those complaining about our passing/possession, have you forgotten last season completely?

I agree. It's an improved performance.
Improved on absolute insipid shire isn't exactly hard.

Are you also conveniently forgetting Saturdays result?

To revert back to this absurd lack of passing ability is not good enough.

Here's hoping we come out with a better attitude and approach 2nd half

I haven't read everything the last couple of days so... where can I read more on this?
Can't remember where I saw it but I am pretty sure I didn't just make it up. I am under a lot of stress though so anything is possible.

We've been unlucky so far. We were the better side before the goal and Mahrez was looking for Vardy. I thought Vardy should have done better when he was through on goal.

We've been shite.

Sloppy goal to concede and the players visibly slumped when it went in. We really need to get the first goal at the moment for our confidence.

For those complaining about our passing/possession, have you forgotten last season completely?

Seriously?

Our passing last season was deadly and pinpoint.

This is the exact opposite, possession tells only half the story, as we already knew.

We cannot just sit back and let teams pick their shots. We have to pressure players - that's what we did on Saturday. Today we're running in treacle.

I haven't read everything the last couple of days so... where can I read more on this?

Ranieri and Schmeichel (Snr) both talked about the players having a meeting following the Porto game, part of it with Ranieri in it, part of it just the players.

Ranieri had suggested a change in tactics/formation but the players were against it. They apparently did a big 'come on' with each other resolving to sort themselves out.

It's reported in a few papers and there is a video of Schmeichel on BT saying it somewhere.

What a difference a defensively organised opponent makes.

I don't think we owe them that compliment. Granted they don't have John Stones in there but they're not keeping us out, we are.

We've been much worse than this. We haven't fallen apart totally after them scoring.

Steady the ship, stop the panic and we could get something out of this game.

we had about 35-40% possession on average last year and we're deadly with it. this year we are lucky to get 25% possession due to our worsened midfield and are decidedly not deadly (except against kamikaze city) when we do eventually get the ball.
it needs changing...

Are you also conveniently forgetting Saturdays result?

To revert back to this absurd lack of passing ability is not good enough.

We had similar passing stats against City. We've had chances and are occasionally finding room in behind them.

Listen, it's not where we need to be, but it's better.

Ranieri and Schmeichel (Snr) both talked about the players having a meeting following the Porto game, part of it with Ranieri in it, part of it just the players.

Ranieri had suggested a change in tactics/formation but the players were against it. They apparently did a big 'come on' with each other resolving to sort themselves out.

It's reported in a few papers and there is a video of Schmeichel on BT saying it somewhere.

Well that is a relief. The mad cow hasn't kicked in just yet. Claudio is all like...

IMG_2193.JPG

As I say to my wife - One swallow does not a summer make.

We had similar passing stats against City. We've had chances and are occasionally finding room in behind them.

So we're basing our form on one game and not the other load of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669