Break the silence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All seems to come back down to the 'will of iron' thing; we're too shy and retiring. Surprised in some respects that a manager like Sven sees us in this way; he's never managed big, loud and aggressive teams in the past.

It's something we've all said before I think, that we have no real leaders out there on the pitch.

I'm glad to hear Sven saying it, because hopefully that means it's something he can address in the transfer window. We have a very young defence, so it's not suprising none of them are shouting at others. But we need a centre back and a midfielder that can lead the team. To me, they are the positions you need your shouters. A vocal goalkeeper helps too.

All seems to come back down to the 'will of iron' thing; we're too shy and retiring. Surprised in some respects that a manager like Sven sees us in this way; he's never managed big, loud and aggressive teams in the past.

So what would you call his old Lazio team?

Bunch of diving pansies?

The Lazio team SGE had, the defence was huge and dirty, solid and effective.
Just countering what syd said. He doesn't know much about Italian football does he.

we need someone like savage again , loud and hard with 100%commitment,

No thank you.

I am all for hard men. My favourite non-Leicester footballer of all time was Nat Lofthouse the hardest centreforward in an age of hard centreforwards. In more recent times I was a great fan of Stuart Pearce. For Leicester I liked Lennon, Taggart and Walsh.

But they were never cheats.
I very much want us to win, If we win ugly so be it but to win fairly and not diving or deliberately trying to get other players sent off.

For me Savage was a disgrace to football and I am happy Leicester are rid of him.

No thank you.

I am all for hard men. My favourite non-Leicester footballer of all time was Nat Lofthouse the hardest centreforward in an age of hard centreforwards. In more recent times I was a great fan of Stuart Pearce. For Leicester I liked Lennon, Taggart and Walsh.

But they were never cheats.
I very much want us to win, If we win ugly so be it but to win fairly and not diving or deliberately trying to get other players sent off.

For me Savage was a disgrace to football and I am happy Leicester are rid of him.
Too true - too much cheating (mind you if the ref is naive or doesn't provide any protection I like to see our players stand up for themselves).

I would like to see a less quiet bench. During the Scunthorpe match Powell and Stowell were constantly calling out instructions (and not just abusing the linesman as Nigel Pearson did).

At one point Vitor was running with a winger in a non-dangerous position. Powell and Stowell were simply shouting out "Don't foul, don't foul, don't foul".

Since the two of them are still on the bench I cannot see why they cannot keep breaking the silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669