Match Thread Brentford v Leicester FA Cup R4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve made 7 changes from their league game in midweek, as far as I can tell.

I don't like seeing Maddison and Tielemans in the starting XI but I guess as well as lack of options there's also an element of giving them both time with Perez as a striker.

Nice to see Ünder

That back 4! Completely rotated and look at it! Hope the 3 of those 4 coming back from injury all get through okay on a pitch that presumably will have some snow and likely to be very solid ground

I think I read somewhere that if Under plays a certain number of times then we have an obligation to buy him at the end of the season.

That back 4! Completely rotated and look at it! Hope the 3 of those 4 coming back from injury all get through okay on a pitch that presumably will have some snow and likely to be very solid ground

They have undersoil heating, so it shouldn't be too hard. It's not been in the best condition recently though, like a lot of pitches at the moment.

Maybe not having a proper summer break has led to the problems with pitches this season. That shouldn't be the problem at Brentford though, it's a new stadium.

I am liking Amartey ahead of Morgan and Fuchs (are they both injured)? He could prove to be solid cover for our 3 first choice centre halves once they both retire (presumably at the end of this season).

This will be an interesting game for three players in particular.

It's the first time I've seen Amartey trusted in a match like this in the centre of a back four. I have not been convinced when I've seen him this season (unlike most) so looking forward to see how he does.

Under has been absent for ages it seems. The last three times he's played in the PL we've lost. He was last seen stinking out the home defeat to Everton. There is talent there, but he has to be delivering on this very soon or this will have to go down as a failed signing.

Perez as false nine. He did it very well at Stoke. Initially, I thought he was too deep but it was clearly a deliberate thing. With two pacey wide players he should be dropping in and he and Maddison should be feeding the wide runners. Especially with two fresh full backs too.

They have undersoil heating, so it shouldn't be too hard. It's not been in the best condition recently though, like a lot of pitches at the moment.

Maybe not having a proper summer break has led to the problems with pitches this season. That shouldn't be the problem at Brentford though, it's a new stadium.
London Irish also play there which won't help a passing game

I think I read somewhere that if Under plays a certain number of times then we have an obligation to buy him at the end of the season.

It was in the Mercury last week I believe.

They werent sure how many games is required though.

I wonder if that is why he's been out for a while but he hasn't played many yet so I'd hope he's not near that number yet. Think his absence has been more down to his injury.

Be good if he can make an impact today though

It was in the Mercury last week I believe.

They werent sure how many games is required though.

I wonder if that is why he's been out for a while but he hasn't played many yet so I'd hope he's not near that number yet. Think his absence has been more down to his injury.

Be good if he can make an impact today though

Today is his 13th appearance for us. More than I'd thought.

4-2-3-1 then

Schmeichel can't even get on the bench but we're risking Tielemans and Maddison in the snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669