• Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this sort of phrase is a bit out of date really. Be nice to move on from this sort of thing.
What a load of nonsense.

Interestingly you haven’t posted something similar on the Rennes post match thread.

Joe_Fox

What a load of nonsense.

Interestingly you haven’t posted something similar on the Rennes post match thread.

It may surprise you but I don't read every single post on here.

Polar Bear

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this sort of phrase is a bit out of date really. Be nice to move on from this sort of thing. Also, we're we actually thrashed? I'd say not really.

It's also wildly inaccurate. The only thing football has in common with sex is that it involves expending energy.

fox58

Brendan is now 59 days and 11 games short of the number of days and games he was in charge at Liverpool, with a fairly similar points per game ratio

Brown Nose

I just thought I'd take a look at where we are against the last couple of seasons at this stage. We've had an upturn in form and have now hit 40 points but we're a long way short of our initial expectations for the season.

21/22 Pld 29 - P 40 - GS 45 - GA 48
20/21 Pld 29 - P 56 - GS 53 - GA 32
20/21 Pld 29 - P 53 - GS 58 - GA 28

The standard from Spurs and Arsenal has improved considerably this season so we'd be slightly off the pace rather than established in the top four as we were both seasons at this stage.

We're about 15 points down on where we were. We've scored about 10 goals too few and conceded about 15 too many.

We can now see how injuries have ripped us apart this season because with most players available again, we are getting back to our levels from those two seasons. We were able to play a largely second choice side yesterday and win a PL match.

All thoughts that BR had lost the players or his message was no longer working seems to have been proved wrong. Everything that has not worked this season compared to the previous two is because he didn't have the ammunition he needed because too many key players were unavailable and the recruited players that were signed weren't good enough/ready to step in.

So BR has to be given this summer to reshape the squad how he sees fit. Hopefully, with a stronger voice from the recruitment team and more priority given to adding first team players. I can't see him being under any real pressure now unless we start next season really poorly.

Brown Nose

The insistence with the zonal marking, when all and sundry could see it was failing miserably, is a big blot on this season's report.

We still zonal mark most of the time. Our approach now seems to change depending on the opponent.

Lako42

Watching Thomas mark and fail to stay with one of their biggest players was an indicator that this is still an issue

City Fan

The insistence with the zonal marking, when all and sundry could see it was failing miserably, is a big blot on this season's report.
Not to mention the ridiculous substitutions.

glyn

It’s not just the fact players were absent, it’s the fact we had to play something like 25 different defensive combinations in 28 games. No wonder they didn’t know who or where (what zone) they were marking, and no wonder the midfield had no confidence in them. Impossible to develop any kind of consistency with that much churn.

it definitely doesn’t excuse everything about this season, but it has to be seen as a pretty significant hurdle we had to face all season long.

TommyK

It’s not just the fact players were absent, it’s the fact we had to play something like 25 different defensive combinations in 28 games. No wonder they didn’t know who or where (what zone) they were marking, and no wonder the midfield had no confidence in them. Impossible to develop any kind of consistency with that much churn.

it definitely doesn’t excuse everything about this season, but it has to be seen as a pretty significant hurdle we had to face all season long.
Agreed. I think (and hope) BR has learnt a lot this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669