Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think having a striker like Vardy has helped us out no end in relation to Xg, I think he has to be up there as one of the most prolific strikers when it comes to chances and goals scored? I enjoy a flutter every weekend and I never try to win back on a loss when it is gone it is gone. I was caught out by the Sky Bet club i.e ensuring that I placed 25£ a week to win a free 5£ bet however, I soon learned from that gimmick still I am normally 5-10£ down every season but it is good fun.
Not particularly.

Vardy has scored 127 goals since the start of 2014/15, versus an xG of around 120. So +7.

Over extended periods, nearly all top league players regress to xG. Hence it is a meaningful metric (despite claims to the contrary in this thread).

Not particularly.

Vardy has scored 127 goals since the start of 2014/15, versus an xG of around 120. So +7.

Over extended periods, nearly all top league players regress to xG. Hence it is a meaningful metric (despite claims to the contrary in this thread).
Fast and very, very loose with the word 'meaningful' here.

Blunder through the rest of the season followed by a mutual parting of ways?

Europe might serve as some salvation theoretically.

Bumble through the the rest of the season for sure. Europa Conference, or whatever it is, is where it's at for us.

Then let's see.

Arsenal didn't beat Burnley today. Hopefully pressure starts to mount on Arteta....

Unless games get rearranged, our current next 7 fixtures are: West Ham, Leeds and Brentford at home. Liverpool, Arsenal, Wolves and Man Utd away.

Is it feasible to see us only pick up 6 points from those 7 matches? I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that.

I pick that particular number of points/games because, were it to play out that way, it would mean that we'd be on exactly the same games/points as we were when Puel was sacked three years ago.

Should have gone much earlier in the season, to stand a chance of salvaging it.

The season is already ****ed now, so may as well just wait for the summer.

For the same reason we aren't signing anyone we aren't getting rid, probably ever.

Five points chucked down the drain in two games.

We’ve had absolutely rotten luck over the last two years but **** me we don’t do ourselves any favours. We were absolutely gagging to scurry off the pitch, tails between our legs today. I remember when our players used to stand up for themselves and leave everything on the pitch and we did it by being fitter and smarter than everyone else. Those days are long gone.

Given Rodgers recent comments I can understand where this attitude comes from.

I feel that this poll has completely lost any merit - it's been open way too long. It's like having a general election that runs for several months and allows voters to change their mind. A poll should be used to produce a point in time reflection of sentiment across a population. Now, if it was possible to look at the history of the poll, and query point in time sentiment, that would be useful, but as far as I can see, that's not possible. Webbo? Any way to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566