Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS - I don't believe in advocating a sacking without naming a replacement.

I've changed my vote to sack today and I remain of the opinion that the best replacement is Unai Emery.

PS - I don't believe in advocating a sacking without naming a replacement.

I've changed my vote to sack today and I remain of the opinion that the best replacement is Unai Emery.
It's not your job to have a replacement list.

It's the people running the show but at the minute the senior management of this football club are where?

It's not your job to have a replacement list.

It's the people running the show but at the minute the senior management of this football club are where?

Top was there today. Only the second or maybe third match he's made this season.

If I were in his shoes, I'd be going to talk to two or three of the senior players over the next 24 hours and ask them what they believe is going wrong. Based on their answers, I'd either stick for a bit longer or sack him.

Although we can't really afford to sack a man on £10m a year with three and a half years on his contract left, we probably cannot afford not to either if the players aren't trying for him.

Top was there today. Only the second or maybe third match he's made this season.

If I were in his shoes, I'd be going to talk to two or three of the senior players over the next 24 hours and ask them what they believe is going wrong. Based on their answers, I'd either stick for a bit longer or sack him.

Although we can't really afford to sack a man on £10m a year with three and a half years on his contract left, we probably cannot afford not to either if the players aren't trying for him.
Some serious dereliction of duty going on at this club.

To hand him that level of contract is pure negligence.

You never put yourself in a position where you can't get rid.

It's an embarrassing situation.

The senior management of this football club from BR upwards is doing a ****ing terrible and somewhat naive job.

Some serious dereliction of duty going on at this club.

To hand him that level of contract is pure negligence.

You never put yourself in a position where you can't get rid.

It's an embarrassing situation.

The senior management of this football club from BR upwards is doing a ****ing terrible and somewhat naive job.

I did say this when we handed BR that deal when Arsenal were sniffing around. We over-reached to pay him Champions League money and I'm certain that it affected everyone else at the club.

It was so much more than we should be paying a manager that it just stank the place out.

Retain vote still at 50%

That's loyalty after Spurs, Brighton and today.
I wonder how many of those 50% only log on at work. I think the figure will go down over the next few days.

Fickle wankers changing your votes
The real difference since the match ended is the almost total disappearance of those who were willing to give him until the end of the season before showing him the door.

When Spurs sacked Poch, didn't they just put him on gardening leave and keep paying his contract until he took up the PSG job?

So whilst it means playing two coaching teams for six months or so, it's not exactly going to break the bank.

Has to be done. I think a mutual parting of the ways on good terms at the end of the season would be sensible. He'll probably be able to go to Everton when Frank gets sacked early next season.

Has he gone yet?

****ed up an easy Europa group.

Bounced from the FA Cup by lower league rivals.

Midtable (at best) in the Premier League.

Statistically one of the worst defenses in the league.

Botched summer recruitment.

A stack of key players ending their cycle at the club.
Got us into the Europa League

Won us the FA Cup

Midtable in the Premier League (Still better than any other manager - apart from the League winning season)

Statistically one of the worst defences in the league but, can you imagine 2015/16 if Huth and Big Wes had missed almost every game?

Botched summer recruitment - Daka is an excellent addition; Soumare is young he may develop into a good addition; Vestergaard, I am sure that he wasn't bought to play regular 90 mins. He was a Big Wes replacement to play the last ten minutes when our back was to the wall; Bertrand, I agree has been a big disappointment but, he was free, allowing more funds for other positions and I didn't expect him to be as poor - and I'm not sure anyone did.

A stack of players ending their cycle at the club - We don't know that. There will be changes; some we want, some we don't but we need to refresh.

Also, you forgot to mention, the increase in players coming through the youth - when, in recent decades, have we had so many?

Before throwing the baby out with the bath water, remember where we were pre Rodgers.

I've moved to 'undecided' - albeit with an 'out now' tinge.

I have some sympathy for BR. He shouldn't need to coach energy and desire, these should be there in the players. They know the occasion as much as anyone does. They have to take responsibility for their performance in that respect. Once they're on the pitch there's little BR can do. He can't make them want it more, or compete more.

That said, BR controls the environment in which they train. It's for him to spot and deal with any slack. Tough job perhaps but it is his job. I don't envy anyone having to deal with a turned squad. Which brings me my deciding factor.

IF he has lost the squad (I say 'if' because obviously I don't know - but we've seen signs*) then simple pragmatism says it's BR that goes - whoever is at 'fault' - and goes quickly. That relationship could turn sour on the club if the players can't be arsed to perform for their manager.

*I think BR's calling out of "some players" is a sign. I don't like it as a tactic, indeed loathed Merinho because of his tendency to do it, but more to the point I think it indicates a failure in communication - one that the manager has to take responsibility for.

Last edited:
BTW, I don't expect BR to accept responsibility, to say he is sorry, that it's his fault. I'm not concerned by his supposed arrogance but I don't expect him to point a finger in public. I really don't go for that.

At this point, I'm more concerned about the impact (of squad moral) on the club than I am about any particular personality. I fear an implosion and all that people behind the scenes have worked so damned hard to achieve is binned because of a petulance.

I'm reminded just how easy we are to beat. Any team that fronts up and plays at pace, with energy and gets in our faces will turn us over. It's been a recurrent theme for years and teams like West Ham know it only too well. We have no answer and, its relevance on this thread, neither has it been addressed.

Maybe BR would like to blame those teams for not playing his game too?

Yet more players having a party (Danny Wards house) on his watch after a humiliating display against a local rival.

The complete lack of understanding or it seems authority in this squad is baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566