Post Match Brighton 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the new Praet don't you know.
I hope not; I was right about him though so my criticism was hardly unfounded.

For about the gazillionth time, players can be shit one day and better the next. I'm not saying he's shite but he has been bang average or worse for his first two games.

What did he do today that was so poor then?
He was slow on the ball. He didn't look to play it forward often enough, always opting for the sideways or backwards pass. He was clumsy at times. He missed some challenges that I think he should be getting.

I mean, he was better than Junior Lewis but I guess it's all relative.

I don't think it helped having Ndidi, Tielemans and Sourmare together. It all felt a bit defensive and devoid of real creativity in the middle, there.

I'm not usually one to criticise Brendan because I don't think we'd be near where we are without him.

But, I cannot understand for the life of me what Nacho has to do to get a start, and think he's managing him very badly right now (in terms of game time and rewarding good performances - clearly he's done something very, very right with Nacho on the training ground)

Nacho is probably our only in form player.

Nacho slows down our play and gives the ball away a lot… yes he had a gone run last season, but he is not good enough to play the 10 role (even if Maddison has been rubbish) and is no good out wide. I don’t think Maddison should have played today, but Nacho was not the answer.

Nacho slows down our play and gives the ball away a lot… yes he had a gone run last season, but he is not good enough to play the 10 role (even if Maddison has been rubbish) and is no good out wide. I don’t think Maddison should have played today, but Nacho was not the answer.

I agree we shouldn't shoehorn Nacho into the side, and it's very hard to get him in alongside Maddison, Barnes and Vardy.

But he's our in-form player and has been for most of this year. Even he doesn't start now when does he?

Change the shape and get him in.

Positives, we were brilliant in the second half. We look like we are beginning to get the rhythm together. we have brought in 5 new players into the first team squad this season and it will take them time to jell, Soumare looked like he was comfortable playing alongside NDidi and Lookman looked good man. Negatives. Maddison was shite and Tielemans looked knackered . we will learn from this and come back stronger.
I fear that Rodgers too is of the mindset that we will improve and get stronger. That might be so. But there is **** all evidence for that right now.

In the second half we were great. Lookman was terrific, as was Barnes. That is where the positives end.

Maddison out wide is the work of a simpleton. It was never, ever going to work. Not only was he completely useless there, he either isn't at all fit or decided he didn't want to bother today. Soumare was awful against Napoli. He was even more awful today but he was shoe-horned into the side and kept on the pitch even though he offered next to nothing. Tielemans was shite again in the first half but much, much better in the second. Bertrand is summing up exactly why I thought he was a nonsense of a signing. Appalling for the last two games. Castagne is twice the player he is and should be starting over him with Thomas as back up.

As for the referee; truly ****ing abominable. But make no bones about it, Rodgers got it wrong from the very off today.

We must attack games more and play with freedom. We look like we are frightened to death to pass the ball forward. For all his empty rhetoric and platitudes, Rodgers must work on getting the basics right. This starts with selecting a team that makes sense.
Agree with you on everything but Soumare.

I’d like to see Dewsbury-Hall given a start, and not just as part for the reserves against Milwall. He’s in our Premier League squad, and it’s not like we could be any less creative with him in the side.

He was also the top goal scorer last season, we need to find a system to play him alongside Vardy

The diamond would work for us if we were going to play Nacho and Vardy and get the width from Ricardo and Castagne.

Ndidi
Tielemans Soumare
Barnes
Nacho Vardy

cons - it doesn't give Barnes his best position out onthe left and we could give the ball away more
Pro's it gets Nacho on the pitch up front, benches maddison and arguably gets Tielemas higher up the pitch with more cover from Soumare.
I can imagine more interplay between Tieleman-Nacho-Barnes-Ricardo down the right and Soumare - Barnes, Vardy, Castagne inside left....
Lookman, daka, maddison then become impact subs....

OR just go straight up 442

Lookman Tielemans Ndidi Barnes
Nacho Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675