Brighton - 28th Oct 08 - 7.45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Tickets:

We have been allocated 890 tickets for this game. This match is ALL TICKET for visiting supporters

£20.00 - Adults
£14.00 - Seniors
£16.00 - Under 21's
£13.00 - Under 16's
£1.00 - Unders 10's (when purchased with an adult ticket)

Tickets will go on sale as follows:

Mon 13th Oct - Priority 1 STH
Tues 14th Oct - Priority 2 STH
Weds 15th Oct - Priority 3 STH
Thurs 16th Oct - Members
Fri 17th Oct - General sale

Fox Travel:

Fox Travel coaches will depart the stadium at 1.30pm and are priced as follows:

Adult STH - £16
Senior/Under 16 STH - £14

Adult non STH - £18
Senior/Under 16 non STH - £16

Directions & Parking:

Approx 160 miles - 3hours

M1 south to M25, follow anti-clockwise to junction with M23. Follow this road south and join A23 .....

Approx 2 miles before you enter Brighton on the A23 (London Road), the ground is well signposted on your right hand side.

There is a park and ride scheme in operation on Mill Road. You will see this as you approach Brighton. Immediately after you have gone under the bridge (where the A27 runs accross), turn right at the roundabout. It is signposted from here. There is also street parking near to the ground as well.

Trains:

You will not be surprised to learn that it is not possible to get back to Leicester after the game.

With this is mind, Travelodge currently have saver rooms available at £35, a saving of £19 compared to their standard rate.

If you are going down on the day of the game and returning the follwoing day, then you can currently buy a £15 single in each direction (£30 total) which will see you right through to Preston Park (the closest station to the ground). These tickets are also in first class, in both directions.

One example would be:

28/10/08
2.05pm from Leicester, arrive London St Pancras 15.34pm
15.54pm from London St Pancras, arrive Preston Park 17.11pm

29/10/08
9.08am from Preston Park, arrive London St Pancras 10.33am
10.55am from London St Pancras, arrive Leicester 12.04pm

There are a few other options at the same price.

Pubs:

Brighton has lots of ale houses, a selection of what is suggested on the ground guide can be found here

Last edited:
You will not be surprised to learn that it is not possible to get back to Leicester after the game.

It used to be possible, to get back from anywhere in the south east when the last train from St Pancras was at 23:40, when they changed the last train to 23:15 a few years ago it buggered that up.

But if anyone wants to risk it, it might still be possible to get back after the game.

There's a 21:41 train from Preston Park that gets to St Pancras at 23:03.

28/10/08
2.05pm from Leicester, arrive London St Pancras 15.34pm
15.54pm from London St Pancras, arrive Prenton Park 17.11pm

29/10/08
9.08am from Prenton Park, arrive London St Pancras 10.33am
10.55am from London St Pancras, arrive Leicester 12.04pm

Did this escape from the 'How to get to Tranmere thread"?

Tickets:
We have been allocated 894 tickets for this game.

Tight beggers. You could get thousands more round the perimeter of that joke of a ground if only standing were still allowed.

It used to be possible, to get back from anywhere in the south east when the last train from St Pancras was at 23:40, when they changed the last train to 23:15 a few years ago it buggered that up.

But if anyone wants to risk it, it might still be possible to get back after the game.

There's a 21:41 train from Preston Park that gets to St Pancras at 23:03.

The game can not possibly finish before 21:30. The away fans sit at the 'wrong' end of the ground for the station - and it is at least a 10-minute walk for a person who knows exactly where they are going. In other words, it is impossible to catch that train without leaving no little time before the final whistle. And don't forget that at St Pancras, the trains from Brighton arrive at the underground platforms which are some way from the first-floor level EMT platforms. In any case, that particular train will not be running as timetabled on that date because London Bridge (which the train normally stops at on its journey) will not be available to FCC trains. I would not recommend anybody tries it unless they are prepared to get stuck in London; they would not be entitled to free onward transport because the available connection time is less than the 15 minutes recommended for St Pancras.

Coincidentally from 15th December, EMT will be righting the situation of the time of the last train from St Pancras to Leicester at least on weekdays. From that date there will be a 00:15 departure (M-F), although the Saturday and Sunday last services will continue to leave ridiculously early at 22:25 and 23:00 respectively.

In the other direction there is still no improvement on the 22:00 departure in the week although there is a *little* improvement in the week with later last departures, although still not nearly late enough.

That date also sees the start of the 5 services per hour out of St Pancras; faster services to Leicester and Derby; more seats to Nottingham; and the curious crack-of-dawn service direct from Melton Mowbray to St Pancras, which will run via Corby (not stopping) and not via Leicester. Services to the East Midlands Parkway station will not be far behind; nor will services from Corby to St Pancras (as long as National Rail can find somebody with the will to get the station there finished.

I'll believe that when I see it. Stops at EMP were in a printed timetable I had about 5 years ago.

there's a lot of work going on there at the moment

I'm heading to this but with a mate who supports Brighton.

Looks like i'm in going in the home end.

I'm heading to this but with a mate who supports Brighton.

Looks like i'm in going in the home end.

Got my ticket for block J in the home end right next to the 800 of you that are in the away stand. Probably not the best place for an away fan to go. If you see me getting dragged out please wave politley.

See you in the Preston Brewery Tap.

Got my ticket for block J in the home end right next to the 800 of you that are in the away stand. Probably not the best place for an away fan to go. If you see me getting dragged out please wave politley.

See you in the Preston Brewery Tap.

I doubt there will be 800 of us on a Tuesday night in Brighton imo.

As I used to live in the area I would have loved to have gone. Why put it on a Tuesday night for a journey from the City of 160 miles or more in my case over 220. A Saturday would have been better I could have stayed with my sister who lives south of London and gone to the game with her partner who is a Brighton fan

As I used to live in the area I would have loved to have gone. Why put it on a Tuesday night for a journey from the City of 160 miles or more in my case over 220. A Saturday would have been better I could have stayed with my sister who lives south of London and gone to the game with her partner who is a Brighton fan

There are no enough Saturdays in the season to fit every game in. Somebody has go to go to Brighton on a Tuesday and at least it is nearer than Plymouth.

There are no enough Saturdays in the season to fit every game in. Somebody has go to go to Brighton on a Tuesday and at least it is nearer than Plymouth.

Which raises the question, why are there 24 teams in each league? Surely fans would be better served by having fewer teams, and therefore fewer fixtures, and hence no great need to cram in a crowd of games over Christmas or have six or seven Tuesday/Wednesday games per season. Don't get me wrong, I love my public transport trips to the other end of the country and finally getting home 24 hours after the game, but some people I imagine do not. I believe the status quo is wrong, and the football league should consider creating an extra division. They won't though, precisely because it means fewer games, and therefore less money, and such a decision wouldn't fit into the 'fck the fans' attitude of the Premier$hip era.

Which raises the question, why are there 24 teams in each league? Surely fans would be better served by having fewer teams, and therefore fewer fixtures, and hence no great need to cram in a crowd of games over Christmas or have six or seven Tuesday/Wednesday games per season. Don't get me wrong, I love my public transport trips to the other end of the country and finally getting home 24 hours after the game, but some people I imagine do not. I believe the status quo is wrong, and the football league should consider creating an extra division. They won't though, precisely because it means fewer games, and therefore less money, and such a decision wouldn't fit into the 'fck the fans' attitude of the Premier$hip era.

Im a fan and im not being ****ed, just my luck really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566